Join Early Retirement Today

Quicken Deluxe 40% off with coupon Amazon
Old 12-29-2021, 05:04 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Quicken Deluxe 40% off with coupon Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Quicken-Delux.../dp/B082DNHYL3

For me, the coupon shows after clicking "See All Buying Options". It does not say how long the coupon will be available.

This is the same deal that I got on 12/29 last year. I used it to extend my existing subscription.
LarryMelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2021, 05:11 PM   #2
Dryer sheet aficionado

Are any of these discounts applicable to the online versions?
Dabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 05:11 PM   #3

Unfortunately, I just got automatically renewed. Does anyone know if you can add this to a current subscription that is very new. I just renewed a couple weeks ago.
Old 12-29-2021, 05:16 PM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry1 View Post
Unfortunately, I just got automatically renewed. Does anyone know if you can add this to a current subscription that is very new. I just renewed a couple weeks ago.
Last year, I loaded the new code about a month before my subscription ended. It moved my end date out by a year from the previous end date. (i.e. not by a year from the date I loaded it). Which is also to say, I waited a while to load it. I imagine you could buy it now and load it in 9-10 months. You are only entering the code from the box, you're not using the CD at all.
Old 12-29-2021, 05:33 PM   #5
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

If you Google “quicken extending existing subscription”, you get a few hits that indicate you can only apply a renewal code within 6 months of the current end of the subscription.

There are references to it in the Quicken support site.
PaunchyPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 06:01 PM   #6
Recycles dryer sheets

I have been using Quicken Premier mostly due to the multi-year deal I got at the time. It looks like Deluxe will do everything I need.

Thanks for posting.
Old 12-29-2021, 06:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer View Post
I have been using Quicken Premier mostly due to the multi-year deal I got at the time. It looks like Deluxe will do everything I need.

Thanks for posting.
I too used Premier for years. About 2 years ago I decided to downgrade to Deluxe and see how I liked it. It still had everything I use in the application. Deluxe works fine for me.
Old 12-29-2021, 06:16 PM   #8
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Alright! I just saved $20.80, thanks to the OP.

I used to run Quicken Premier, but after switching to the Deluxe version found that I did not really miss the extra features.

Last year, I forgot to turn off the "autorenewal", had not yet entered the code I bought from Amazon, and got charged a few days before the subscription expired. I called them, and they reversed the charge. After that, I entered the code, and all was well.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 08:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryMelman View Post
Last year, I loaded the new code about a month before my subscription ended. It moved my end date out by a year from the previous end date. (i.e. not by a year from the date I loaded it). Which is also to say, I waited a while to load it. I imagine you could buy it now and load it in 9-10 months. You are only entering the code from the box, you're not using the CD at all.
Thanks! I bought it and will try it when I’m about 5 months out. Wish me luck!
Old 12-30-2021, 07:12 AM   #10
Full time employment: Posting here.

Thanks! I was waiting for something like this, so it was great timing.
Old 12-30-2021, 07:16 AM   #11

Since it's a CD in the mail, I presume one can enter the code to extend an existing subscription and throw away the CD? I don't have a CD/DVD drive for my iMac.
GalaxyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 07:59 AM   #12
Recycles dryer sheets

FYI both Quicken.com and Amazon are offering the same 40% deal on Deluxe as well as premier and Home & Business.

Edited to say:
Looked again at the Quicken.com deal. It says "for new members". When I sign in to my existing account & look at the pricing the deal has disappeared. Grrr.

I wonder if the same condition applies with the Amazon deal, i.e. does it work to extend an existing mbrshp?
Old 12-30-2021, 08:35 AM   #13
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBOT View Post
Looked again at the Quicken.com deal. It says "for new members".
That's right. Just like last year. We've been through this before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBOT View Post
I wonder if the same condition applies with the Amazon deal, i.e. does it work to extend an existing mbrshp?
Yes, it does. Did you read the thread? Sigh.
Old 12-30-2021, 08:45 AM   #14

Quote:
That's right. Just like last year. We've been through this before.

Yes, it does. Did you read the thread? Sigh.
No offense, but your earlier post seems to indicate how it worked LAST year. We can hope it works the same this year, but there is no guarantee. Unless you meant that you've already applied the code you just received.
Old 12-30-2021, 09:13 AM   #15
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaunchyPirate View Post
No offense, but your earlier post seems to indicate how it worked LAST year. We can hope it works the same this year, but there is no guarantee. Unless you meant that you've already applied the code you just received.
I suppose you are correct. My apologies.

The Amazon item that I bought yesterday was the exact same item that I bought last year. So I expect the same policies to apply, although I suppose that's up to Quicken.

Amazon says my CD will arrive today, and my expiration date is Feb. 1. I'll load the code when I get the CD.
Old 12-30-2021, 10:38 AM   #16

Quote:
I suppose you are correct. My apologies.

The Amazon item that I bought yesterday was the exact same item that I bought last year. So I expect the same policies to apply, although I suppose that's up to Quicken.

Amazon says my CD will arrive today, and my expiration date is Feb. 1. I'll load the code when I get the CD.
No problem. By the way, I fully agree with you on this. I plan to order mine this afternoon on the assumption that it works as it did last year. I suspect it will. But until we confirm, there is a slight risk that everyone should know about.
Old 12-30-2021, 06:41 PM   #17
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Done and done. I entered the code in the CD package, and my expiration date moved out by a year to 2/1/23.
Old 12-30-2021, 06:45 PM   #18

Quote:
Done and done. I entered the code in the CD package, and my expiration date moved out by a year to 2/1/23.
Excellent news. My delivery should be here Tuesday and I’m due to expire in April, so I’ll extend it next week too.
Old 12-31-2021, 12:45 PM   #19
Recycles dryer sheets

My thanks to the OP. Just picked up Quicken Premier on Amazon for $47.80 all in with the 40% off coupon.
5Miler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 01:06 PM   #20

Yesterday I could see the 40% discount for deluxe. Today it seems to be gone. Guess it’s over?