quicken premier 2016

jwr62

Recycles dryer sheets
what are some thoughts about the quicken premier program... I use the mint.com for my budget... I really need something more for our retirement plan. Hope to hear.
jwr

It's what I use, and with recent changes to Fidelity RIP, Quicken Lifetime Planner, in Quicken Premier, has become my retirement planner of choice.

Quicken isn't perfect. It's just the best.

Mint has the advantage of being free. I know a lot of people are happy with it. I have been using quicken since long before mint came along... so I'm familiar with it, know it's quirks, etc...

Some issues with quicken... if you like the update mode (where it goes out to all your financial institutions and downloads the latest transactions) then you have to upgrade every 3 years... they disable that feature after 3 years. I find that annoying and obnoxious.... but end up upgrading every time.

If you are a Turbo Tax user the products integrate well and will import your charitable data, etc. (Presumes you categorized correctly in quicken.

Like any program, it's only as good as the user. You have to identify categories for the transactions. If you're good about this - then over time you can get a very good view of your spending. This data was great for me to determine where we were spending money (and where there was low hanging fruit to make cuts in spending.).

Back
Top Bottom