Join Early Retirement Today

Quicken Sold Again
Old 09-09-2021, 08:24 AM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Quicken Sold Again

Quicken, one of the ‘first fintechs,’ is being sold again

Five and a half years after being acquired by a private equity firm, personal finance software company Quicken is announcing that it is being acquired by another private equity firm.

https://techcrunch.com/2021/09/09/qu...8TechCrunch%29
UtahSkier is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2021, 10:58 AM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

Interesting, but somehow I am not too worried about Quicken's future, they will not refuse of profit for sure!

(—Charles Bukowski)
wanaberetiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 12:30 AM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

I just found (and ordered) Quicken Deluxe on sale at Best Buy for $31.19 vs. the regular $51.99 renewal price. I'm assuming the sale is not related to new owners.

Unfortunately, this is a physical CD, i.e. landfill fodder. Apparently Quicken only wants to let discounted digital downloads be made available to new users, trying to hook existing users into paying full price for automatic renewals through them.
Old 09-21-2021, 05:39 AM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

From the article:
Quote:
No layoffs are planned with the new ownership. In fact, Dunn expects the company will only continue to hire and add to its 150-person staff (not including 250 contracted “customer care agents).
Quicken is a smaller company than I would have guessed.

Summarizing from the article, according to the CEO (who has been there through all of the software's life) the package was neglected by Intuit. Next, H.I.G put up the investment to move Quicken to the cloud and improve quality. Now, with Aquiline backing, they are looking to grow by partnering with fintech companies.

I do not use Quicken, but I'm very familiar with the product. Just wondering if the next generations will use the product.
target2019 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 07:34 AM   #5
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Interesting. From the article, it seems Quicken launched in 1983. Thinking back, I believe that I have been a Quicken user since probably about 1988.

I don't use the same data file as I started with, however. I've "started over" 3 or 4 times, I think. Through the years, there were multiple times where my data file either stopped working properly or was just so full of bad data that it warranted a clean start. My current data file was started in 2015.

I would love to have a nice, clean data set from 1988 onward to see how my finances progressed.
PaunchyPirate is offline   Reply With Quote