Rates of return calculation

I am not using IRR within xcel.
I am trying to aproximate my IRR year over year, and also compare my IRR with the returns of the funds.
I will also soon do some 3 yr and 5 yr averaging once I have enough data.

I have seen the formula mentioned above
but it was different than this (something like numerator is current value+1/2 deposits and denominator was previous balance-1/2 deposits).

In this equation (also mentioned above), what is r? INFLATION, just caught that. If I assume no inflation (because I don't measure that right now), is that 0 or 1? 1 is my SWAG. I need to take inflation out of this so I can compare the returns to the mutual funds actual return numbers.

R is the monthly rate of inflation. No inflation would be zero though this equation would break with that number since you divide by inflation at one point. The equation for no inflation is (E/(S+D)-1)*100=IRR

Or you could just do Gain/(Total Investment)*100=IRR

I don't know what that equation you're trying to use is but one thing I do know is that if you are trying to get return on investments the current value should never be the denominator under any circumstances unless you have it negative or multiplied by a negative.

Back
Top Bottom