Reached my goal

Excellent! Quite an accomplishment, and a testament to your ability to focus on a goal...

Applause, Applause. Congrats on making it. ... the 1st Mill may be the hardest, but it is the sweetest too (IMHO).

Congrats! What is your target for pulling the ER trigger?

I retired on 11/09 of this year. To put it simply "work got too crazy." I'm in a good position as I have a COLA'd pension ( though not mandatory). I retired on 60% of my salary. After COBRA runs it course, I will have to consider my health care options although I will have a medical trust that I will be able to dip into.

I started saving towards this goal because I felt more secure with additional funds. I'm treating it as a second source of income. Who knows what the future will bring?

I've already had a few friends who don't know my financial situation suggest that I will probably go back to work for a "little additional income."

I finally told one such friend last night "I don't think I will need additional income!"

That is absolutely awesome mountaintosea....congratulations on a job well done!

I retired on 11/09 of this year. To put it simply "work got too crazy." I'm in a good position as I have a COLA'd pension ( though not mandatory). I retired on 60% of my salary. After COBRA runs it course, I will have to consider my health care options although I will have a medical trust that I will be able to dip into.

I started saving towards this goal because I felt more secure with additional funds. I'm treating it as a second source of income. Who knows what the future will bring?

I've already had a few friends who don't know my financial situation suggest that I will probably go back to work for a "little additional income."

I finally told one such friend last night "I don't think I will need additional income!"

Great job!! This is a great milestone(s). I raise my glass to you.

Hillbilly

That is awesome. Wish I had a pension like that. Wish I had a pension period. :-\

DAWG52,

I retired on 11/09/07. I tried to put your question in my answer by clicking on the quote button but after I type the message my post disappears?! Anyway I have a COLA pension. After COBRA ends will have to seek my own health insurance .

Back
Top Bottom