Real Estate as Investment

BUM said:
Hi vicky,

Good luck guys trying to keep Texas a secret. My brother in law retired a few years ago to Austin. Loves it. Wont shut up about it. Thinks hes a cowboy. He sent me a belt buckle about the size of a garbage can lid.

Go visit Austin for a couple weeks vicky... its the only way to find out for sure.  ;)

Yep, I second that notion. For anyone thinking about relocting to Texas,
visit Austin first. If you like Austin, then move there by all means.
OTOH, if it's not to your liking, you should look at another state.
The whole state is just like Austin, so that makes it an excellent
test.

JG

Closing on one of my last 6 Monday. Sub-prime lender, no-doc loan .... can't wait to see the rate!

Just got my HUD for the closing .... buyer is paying $7600 in "closing costs" $5k of which is split among: origination fee, processing fee and, administration fee. Good news is the buyer is leaving a check larger than her deposit. No word on the interest rate ... will ask at the closing.

100% financing is alive n'well.

Enjoy!

BUM said:
Go visit Austin for a couple weeks vicky... its the only way to find out for sure. ;)

We already bought a place in central Austin a couple of weeks ago....:), north Hyde Park. I saw a place on craigslist, walked around it for 1 minute and made a cash offer over the phone - did not even see the inside. I love the neighborhood. Anything of interest is within a 5 miles radius or less. We still have to add on and renovate the whole thing completely. Stripped to the studs at this time.

We currently still live out in the country. Can't wait to get out of that!!!! Rural TX, uggh.....

I was thinking about buying something for investment purposes. Probably in central Austin with former Mueller airport being developed. I will probably have a 1031 exchange sometime in the near future. Any Austin investors here?

JG, where we bought is about the most liberal/democratic part of TX - I am sure you would not even want to get close to here.

Vicky

vic said:
We already bought a place in central Austin a couple of weeks ago....:)

We currently still live out in the country. Can't wait to get out of that!!!! Rural TX, uggh.....

JG, where we bought is about the most liberal/democratic part of TX - I am sure you would not even want to get close to here.

Austin is a beautiful city with road congestion from Hell. And you are correct, it is a blue blemish in an otherwise red state.

REW, a resident of uggh, TX :D

vic said:

Vicky

You got that right.

JG

I am wondering how Austin rental market is?
If houses are cheap then why would people rent?
I am doing my research regarding Austin Real Estate.
I feel like we are way behind with our networth and we would like to see if
we can still make it investing in Real Estate thru rental properties.
Unfortunately, CA is too expensive now.

Any information on Austin would be useful to me. I am about to unload a 1031 exchange there.

Looks to me like Texas has been at the bottom of the rise in real estate values lately. Only Indiana is lower.

I was told that Houston had an 18 month backlog of houses. What accounts for this? Oil business seems ok. A Texan is President. Is it still the Enron debacle?

I am seeing 20 pages of executive homes for sale in the $350,000 range in Houston.

Same with Dallas. Is this another failed right-wing society? Looks like it.

b.

boont said:
Any information on Austin would be useful to me. I am about to unload a 1031 exchange there.

Looks to me like Texas has been at the bottom of the rise in real estate values lately. Only Indiana is lower.

I was told that Houston had an 18 month backlog of houses. What accounts for this? Oil business seems ok. A Texan is President. Is it still the Enron debacle?

I am seeing 20 pages of executive homes for sale in the $350,000 range in Houston.

Same with Dallas. Is this another failed right-wing society? Looks like it.

b.

There has never been a "failed fright wing society". Liberals and other
leftist types always mucked things up. We never gave fascism a
fair chance IMHO :) But, I digress. Building in Texas seems to never slow
down, and BTW, 20 pages of houses for sale in Houston at 350K
is a statistical nothing. Houston is huge, kinda like Texas.

JG

MRGALT2U said:
We never gave fascism a
fair chance IMHO  :)   

I think the world experienced enough of fascism par exemple Nazi Germany circa 1930-40's to satisfy most curiosity.
One can read about rape and conclude that one would not want to give a personal experience a fair chance.

John - do you just sit there and try to figure out what you can say that will provoke the strongest response?

Captain Mystery said:
John - do you just sit there and try to figure out what you can say that will provoke the strongest response?

Don't have to. It just flows. It's a gift man! :)

JG

Back
Top Bottom