Rechargeable Batteries

Here's what I got: Amazon.com: Sanyo Eneloop 4 Pack AA NiMH Pre-Charged Rechargable Batteries w/ Charger: Electronics

Actually I got just the 4 AA's w/o charger for $11. If you need a charger, this link is $5 more is worth is for a so-so charger that will get the job done. You can select just the 4 AA's from this product listing. Good filler item if you are wanting to buy something else and need another $10-$15 for free shipping.

Does any NiMH charger recharge the Eneloop batteries?

Those batteries look a lot better than regular AA NiMH rechargeables.

Does any NiMH charger recharge the Eneloop batteries?

Those batteries look a lot better than regular AA NiMH rechargeables.

Yes; if you want to get the max number of recharges, you should get a slower recharger. Apparently the faster the recharge, the more the current that gets sent to the batteries, the faster they burn out. But we are using a regular NiMH charger with our eneloops.

Yes; if you want to get the max number of recharges, you should get a slower recharger. Apparently the faster the recharge, the more the current that gets sent to the batteries, the faster they burn out. But we are using a regular NiMH charger with our eneloops.

Thanks. Now I know what kind of batteries to get next time. :D

Here's what I got: Amazon.com: Sanyo Eneloop 4 Pack AA NiMH Pre-Charged Rechargable Batteries w/ Charger: Electronics

Actually I got just the 4 AA's w/o charger for $11. If you need a charger, this link is $5 more is worth is for a so-so charger that will get the job done. You can select just the 4 AA's from this product listing. Good filler item if you are wanting to buy something else and need another $10-$15 for free shipping.

I'm seeing a lot of these selling "new" on ebay for a fraction of the amazon price, but they are advertised as new with open package. Eg,

Sanyo eneloop Battery Charger - eBay (item 200427505614 end time Jan-15-10 10:11:45 PST)

The sellers of these have gotten excellent feedback so it seems like its a good deal. Does anyone have experience with these?

I'm seeing a lot of these selling "new" on ebay for a fraction of the amazon price, but they are advertised as new with open package. Eg,

Sanyo eneloop Battery Charger - eBay (item 200427505614 end time Jan-15-10 10:11:45 PST)

The sellers of these have gotten excellent feedback so it seems like its a good deal. Does anyone have experience with these?

Could be legitimate. Note that the one linked to doesn't have any batteries. I know there are lots of impostors out there masquerading as genuine Eneloop batteries and they are actually some cheap brand with Eneloop labeling. If its too good to be true...

I have about 20 each of AA and AAA Eneloops...use them in TV remotes, video game controllers, etc. They are wonderful and keep their charge for a LONG time. I just wish they came in other sizes.

I just wish they came in other sizes.
You can get C sized and D sized adapters. It seems kludgey, but I've found that these work very well.

41WGfqAiZhL._SL250_.jpg

I used AA eneloops with D-sized adapters in our air bed inflator pump, and was surprised to find that they are much stronger than D-sized alkalines (that is, the pump motor runs much faster).

coleman-air-bed-pump.jpeg

I also have used the C-sized adapters in a flashlight.

You can get C sized and D sized adapters. It seems kludgey, but I've found that these work very well.

41WGfqAiZhL._SL250_.jpg

I used AA eneloops with D-sized adapters in our air bed inflator pump, and was surprised to find that they are much stronger than D-sized alkalines (that is, the pump motor runs much faster).

coleman-air-bed-pump.jpeg

I also have used the C-sized adapters in a flashlight.

I would think the amount of power in the AAs is a lot smaller than a D... so you would have to change them out more often...

Any knowledge:confused:

T

Example: I have cordless mouse that drains its battery in a couple of days even when it is off.

I use rechargeable aaa & aa. My Logitech mouse lasts 3-4 months and is never turned off. Also all remotes, clocks & such.

I use D's in my magnetic-resistance recumbent bike and get low battery warnings after maybe 15 30-minute rides, but they work for another 25 rides. Regular D's last about 60-70 rides so the rechargeables are well worthwhile.

9-volts are hard to find and I have heard that most brands have inferior capacity - I wouldn't trust my smoke alarms to one.

I bought a Ryobi tool set last year with 18v lithium ion and I'm amazed by the power and battery life, esp. the fact that they give full power right to the end - I expected a gradual loss of power.

Last year I received as a gift a Sanyo Eneloop 4 AA charger and batteries, the same as Fuego has provided a link to. The batteries work great... but not if left in the charger after unplugging it.

I charged 4 batteries, unplugged the charger from the outlet, took out and used 2 of the batteries, and left the other 2 in the charger (charger unplugged). When I went to use them maybe 2 months later, they were discharged.

So I recharged them, then decided to see if the charger was acting as a load across the batteries when it is unplugged from the outlet. It does. About a .5 milliamp draw. Happens in both of the paired charging locations. Seems they are not diode-isolating their charger output. First time I've come across a battery charger that is not reverse-current isolated.

Just another thing to remember, to always pop all the batteries out of the charger and put them someplace, not to store them somewhere convenient, like in the charger.

Funny thing - When I first got the set, all the batteries were in the charger! But when I plugged it in, they wouldn't charge. Popped a battery out, and found a thin clear plastic strip at the end of each battery, preventing contact on one side. Not a word on the packaging or in the instructions to "be sure to remove clear plastic at the end of each battery".

So maybe they found out they had a problem, and did a running production "fix" to "solve" it?

Good analysis, Telly, thanks.

I've had my eneloops for two years now, and they seem to be losing their mojo to some extent. That is, it seems that the camera requests a battery change sooner than it used to.

According to Sanyo, the self-discharge rate decreases over time, which I take to mean that they get better at keeping their charge.

Here's some data on this stuff:

Review: Testing Sanyo's Eneloop Low Self-Discharge Rechargeable Battery

Sanyo 2700 vs Eneloop - 100 Charge Cycles Analysis - CandlePowerForums

The idea of the e-bike while going uphill sounds great.

I think the two biggest obstacles against general use of bike riding in the US are one their aren't enough bike lanes (bicyclists have to scramble for any safe spot on the road) and two if one take a bicyle to work every day, what happens when it rains --That can make the trip a lot longer.

I like to ride a bicycle in the summer time to just ride and run short errands.

Back
Top Bottom