Join Early Retirement Today

Repeat UA Mileage Plus bonus miles?
Old 08-15-2018, 11:15 AM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Repeat UA Mileage Plus bonus miles?

I get periodic offers to sign up for a United Mileage Plus Visa card. This latest offer is 60k signup bonus miles after charging $3k in the first 3 months with no annual fee the first year. I signed up many years ago to get the bonus miles and cancelled the card before the 1 yr anniversary to avoid the annual fee. I thought the bonus miles was a once in a lifetime event but was recently told that the "one time" bonus offer is now every two years meaning if it's been over two years since I've cancelled the card I'm eligible for another 60k signup bonus. It seems too good to be true. Had anyone tried and succeeded in getting multiple credit card signup bonus awards from United or American Airlines?
FIREd_2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2018, 11:48 AM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets

I'm on my second go-around with Chase United. Not certain I even had a full 2 year break. I think I got 50k points each time.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:23 PM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backpacker View Post
I'm on my second go-around with Chase United. Not certain I even had a full 2 year break. I think I got 50k points each time.

Thanks. Seems like a really cheap way to get 50-60k airline miles since the opportunity cost is $60 (2% cash back card) versus $500+ value of the miles.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:33 PM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

If they say two years it's two years. I had an AA card I dropped about 4 years ago and I'm busy running up the $3,000 charges I need to make on my shiny new AA MasterCard to get the 60,000 mile bonus.
athena53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 01:50 PM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by athena53 View Post
If they say two years it's two years. I had an AA card I dropped about 4 years ago and I'm busy running up the $3,000 charges I need to make on my shiny new AA MasterCard to get the 60,000 mile bonus.

I could use some AA miles too. I'll have to take a look at their MasterCard. What a cool racket!
Old 08-15-2018, 02:55 PM   #6
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREd_2015 View Post
I could use some AA miles too. I'll have to take a look at their MasterCard. What a cool racket!
Used to be better. Years ago they had AA-branded Visa AND MasterCard and for awhile they were offering 75,000 bonus miles each. I got both.
athena53 is offline   Reply With Quote