Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-13-2011, 11:20 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by braumeister View Post
I've been using the Windows version of Quicken for several years, because there simply isn't anything else with its range of investment and reporting tools.

I had been running it via VMWare Fusion on my Mac, but recently switched to Parallels Desktop 7 for the virtual machine, and the difference is like night and day. Parallels rocks!
I am also running the Windows version of Quicken on my Mac via Parallels. It works like a charm.
FIREd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2011, 01:09 PM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerbill View Post
I like Mint.com. I don't write that many checks, so no big deal not having an electronic register. I used to use Quicken 2008 (or 07, forgot).
I tried Mint.com today but there are several of our investments that don't support the type of auto-connection that Mint uses for its downloads. I was really disappointed because the register download and budgeting feature was more automated and intuitive than Quicken.

I recently upgraded to Quicken 2011, so guess will stick with it until Mint comes up to speed.
Lisa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:36 PM   #23
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by braumeister
I've been using the Windows version of Quicken for several years, because there simply isn't anything else with its range of investment and reporting tools.

I had been running it via VMWare Fusion on my Mac, but recently switched to Parallels Desktop 7 for the virtual machine, and the difference is like night and day. Parallels rocks!
Do you have to installl Windows to run Quicken through Parallels?
Jake46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:28 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake46

Yes.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:26 PM   #25
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake46 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by braumeister View Post
Yes.
Or.... maybe not (I have not tried this, but have run a few things with WINE on Linux/Mac).

Quicken can run on Macs | Wine Reviews

CrossOver: Windows emulator for Mac and Linux computers - CodeWeavers

-ERD50
ERD50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:05 PM   #26
Recycles dryer sheets

Horrible reviews usually come from the people who first buy the software and get the bugs out for people like me. I wait until it's almost time for the new year release, then buy the previous year with the bugs fixed at half the price. I'll upgrade every 3 years when they force you to.

I just upgraded to Quicken 2011. Works fine. I could see how someone who doesn't know what they're doing might not like it, but I wouldn't personally view that as the program's fault. My data dates back to the mid 1990s.

Question is, will it convert your year 2000 data? If i had to guess with no knowledge to go on, I'd say the chances are slim.
slazenger is offline   Reply With Quote