Reporter's Guide To Fixed Annuities

Status
Not open for further replies.
I encourage all to familiarize themselves with our community rules in advance. These include:

• Do not engage in personal attacks. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Excessive sarcasm, extreme belligerence, insults, profanity, extreme anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and national origin, are not acceptable.
  • Do not post libelous remarks or directly misleading information.
  • Do not post the same discussion more than once or in many forums.

So we are supposed to treat this marketing effort as a face value discussion?

Not playing, then.

I think a poster's statements, discussions, and threats concerning similar subject matter on another financial forum are relevant in assessing credibility.

2007 Annuity Sales?

Source Link.

Stock Brokers sell the vast majority of ALL annuities nationwide.

index_94.gif

Let have a review:

Fixed Annuities Are Not Variable Annuities
A fixed rate annuity pays a stated rate of interest that is no less than the minimum guaranteed rate of interest. A fixed index annuity pays a minimum rate of interest and bases the crediting of excess interest on the movement of an external index. With a fixed index annuity the rate of participation in the index interest crediting for the period is fixed and known; the minimum guaranteed interest rate is fixed and known; the only unknown is how the index will move. Neither fixed rate nor fixed index annuities can lose principal or credited interest if the stock market goes down. And yet reporters always try to segment fixed annuities as variable annuities - let’s look at the differences.

►Variable annuity principal is subject to market risk. Fixed annuity principal is not subject to market risk.
►Variable annuity returns may be lost due to market risk. Fixed annuity credited interest cannot be lost due to market risk.
►Variable annuities have mortality charges and management fees. Fixed annuities do not charge mortality and management fees.
►Variable annuities do not pay minimum interest rates. Fixed annuities do credit minimum guaranteed interest rates.

FireMe, this Community Rule...

Do not post the same discussion more than once or in many forums.

...refers to posting the same information on multiple forums on the E-R board (Fire and Money, Life after FIRE, etc.).

As Rich says, information from another financial forum other than E-R, can be relevant.

I'm sure they do, how else are they going to make money and rip us off?

Gary, do you have a Series 7 license?

Bond funds or ladders??

Been burned way too often in bond funds (especially high quality ones). If you've got the time, do laddered zeros. If you don't, but have the money, do a diversified portfolio of munis.
If you have a small sum of money and want monthly income that is non- taxable, muni bond funds may be your only option. However, I'd still avoid closed end funds. Just too volatile for me.
And here's where I lose my buddy Brewer,....VA's now have guaranteed annual step ups that are higher than the fixed annuity rates, with a chance for market growth. Why bother with fixed anymore? All JMO.

BTW, I don't think it is appropriate to use what someone has said on other boards as a determinant factor. Even criminals get out on parole. Perhaps the guy is trying to turn over a new leaf?

Art, your fellow sales-slug was obviously shilling for clients. Even you have to have been able to see that.

Naturally, I assume he gave you the secret handshake to help him out or at least keep mum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Art, your fellow sales-slug was obviously shilling for clients. Even you have to have been able to see that.

Naturally, I assume he gave you the secret hand[-]job[/-]shake to help him out or at least keep mum.

Some day I'd just love to see you do a thread about the secrets to hedge fund investing. I'd bet all would love to know what hedge funds do to create hysteria and havoc in the market. Don't know who you work for, but do know of large funds that manipulate share prices.
Anyway, did it look at all like I was helping the guy or keeping mum? Do you think you should get blackballed from all sites just because you're a jerk? To tell the truth, I can't figure out why you haven't been banned.

I love* you too, Art.

* In a Biblically appropriate, heterosexual way.

Looks to me like he was trying to dig up some new clients...

Perhaps he was. So, why not let him get judged on his actions here? I'd say he was getting flambe'd just fine without pointing out what he's done on other boards. It's just my opinion, but that's why there are different boards.
Apparently, if you read this thread, there were at first some people who appreciated his article. Just because you or I don't agree, doesn't mean someone doesn't appreciate it. My opinion, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom