Retirement Calculator

at_last

Dryer sheet wannabe
I am looking to find a retirement calculator that not only asks all the relevant questions but allows you to enter a final balance. For example, if I would like to see what I can spend and have a 0 balance when I die.

Best option for a zero balance when you die scenario is iORP. It defaults to that scenario. Makes a nice contrast to firecalc or The Flexible Retirement Planner that tried to maximize what's left over.

I would like to see the same as the OP. But do not wish to put in spending rate. Just Total Portfolio, Number of years, SS expectations etc.

Best option for a zero balance when you die scenario is iORP. It defaults to that scenario.

+1

The extended version of i-ORP. It will also help the person in the other thread looking to input their own return and personal inflation rates.

+1

The extended version of i-ORP. It will also help the person in the other thread looking to input their own return and personal inflation rates.

Thanks for the reminder on i-ORP. I had forgotten about this one, as my go-to tool is firecalc. I fired up i-ORP (last used a couple of years ago), and I was pleasantly surprised when it defaulted to my old values, as my current values are so much higher. :dance:

This gives a good bracket between what firecalc has as 96% success rate and what i-ORP says I can spend (taking my accounts to $0). While I am still working, and will probably do so for a year or two more (since i really like what I'm doing), it's great to know that if the BS meter is in the red for an extended period, I can say "adios!"

I've always used Fido's calculator; I like it because it figures it on after tax spending which is pretty complicated for us. And yes, over 7 years the max monthly spend rate has gone up about 20%! We just can't milk more than about 3% spending; do all the traveling and purchasing we care to with that.

Back
Top Bottom