Retirement calculator for pensioners??

Fireup2020

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have searched high and low for a retirement calculator where I can input the pension data. One pension I will begin to collect in 2020 (age 50) and one in 2030 (age 59 or 60 depending on which one I start in 2020) - both are COLA'd. There are also VA disability monthly checks, the SS option at 62, my TSP/Def Comp $$ to consider in the calculator. I just have to live long enough! :angel:

The retirement calculators I have found do not have the option of multiple pensions, COLA, or additional income....just flat rate for pensions, and telling me my 401k is underfunded!

Help!

FIRECalc allows for three pensions starting on different dates, and has a box to check for each one if it is inflation adjusted. It also handles social security. You could consider the disability check as a pension for purposes of calculations.

as well as the above calculators, the Fidelity Income Planner and the Vanguard Financial Engines calculator also have provision to add multiple pensions starting in different years, COLA/NON-COLA

Flexible Retirement Planner is an online Monte Carlo simulator. I think it can accomodate all your various income streams, with or without COLA and with different starting dates on each. You can also vary inflation rate, income and capital gains tax rates, the return & standard deviation on your portfolio (which can be defined as taxable, TIRA and/or Roth), whether you keep spending constant despite market downturns, life expectancy and other factors. You can also model "bad luck" events, like a huge market drop the year after you retire, or a decade of high inflation, to see how that affects the outcome.

I just calculate my expenses/desires above those covered by the pension and focus on that with FIREcalc.

Did anyone else read the title of this thread as
"Retirement calculator for prisoners"
?

Probably just me... :nonono:

Did anyone else read the title of this thread as
"Retirement calculator for prisoners"
?

Probably just me... :nonono:

LOL! There are days when I feel like that! Ahhh, the golden handcuffs - but at least mine are soft & furry at times ;)

Flexible Retirement Planner is an online Monte Carlo simulator. I think it can accomodate all your various income streams, with or without COLA and with different starting dates on each. You can also vary inflation rate, income and capital gains tax rates, the return & standard deviation on your portfolio (which can be defined as taxable, TIRA and/or Roth), whether you keep spending constant despite market downturns, life expectancy and other factors. You can also model "bad luck" events, like a huge market drop the year after you retire, or a decade of high inflation, to see how that affects the outcome.

Thank you! This one was the most user friendly for my situation :)

Back
Top Bottom