Retirement calculators

lkg907

Confused about dryer sheets
Long time lurker here. I posted this in the the introduction section, but received no response.
At one time there was a retirement calculator that had areas for "sale of house" and "build retirement house." But as of late I haven't been able to find it. I apparently lost the bookmark, or never had it.
I'm certain that one could make Firecalc do the same thing, but I did like this particular calculator.
Can anyone assist with locating that calculator?
Thanks in advance.
LKG

lkg907 said:
Long time lurker here. I posted this in the the introduction section, but received no response.
Welcome to the board, LKG, but you need to dial back your customer-service expectations a little. It hasn't even been 24 hours yet.

The majority of this board's activity is on Monday/Tuesday of a regular workweek when most of the posters can't stand to be working while they have high-speed broadband at their fingertips are taking a very short coffee break. About the only people hanging around this time of the day/week are us hard-core ERs who are recovering from the out-of-season south shore surfing hanging back to see if someone else wants to go first.

I haven't used FIRECalc since Dory re-wrote it, and his overhaul may have superseded your bookmarks, but I poked around a little and found that the "How much do you have?" tab on Advanced FIRECalc mentions "One-time changes to your portfolio such as proceeds of a home sale, etc." You could simulate the effect of a large expense (like building a retirement home) by entering a negative number, and you could simulate the effect of a new mortgage by entering a "negative pension".

Back
Top Bottom