Retirement Reality

A bunch of geezers with lots of time on hand, and with the winter outside the door and the stock market in the gutter, they are stuck indoors, so they can talk about anything they want. It's all free and healthy.

How old do you need to be to qualify as a geezer? is this more of a mindset thing (my wife already calls me a grumpy old man) or is it more of a relative thing as my nieces and nephews think I'm a fuddy-duddy?

How old do you need to be to qualify as a geezer? is this more of a mindset thing (my wife already calls me a grumpy old man) or is it more of a relative thing as my nieces and nephews think I'm a fuddy-duddy?

I'm not sure, but I know one when I see one. :D

This is much more fun than talking about the stock market that's fer sure

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I'm not sure, but I know one when I see one. :D

Here's a picture of one. And as a former member of this fine Virginia organization, I can say "They ain't all bad!"

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 26
Already happened. Lemmy died 4 days after turning 70.

I read this whole thread, and have only one question. Why did anyone respond to the OP, and is there a topic? Never mind, I'm unsubscribing right after I post the sad news about Lemmy.

I think many did respond, and their honesty about life may have irked those that blindly plan for lifespans that do not take into account the reality of life.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Well, that logic speaks for itself. Buh-bye.

My experience supports the theory. In 1978 living at ~600 feet altitude I went on a trip to St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands. In seven days I gained 10 pounds. I'm quite certain now that all the restaurant meals and me never, ever, leaving a scrap of food on a plate had nothing to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom