Roth allocation

tdv2

Recycles dryer sheets
I started my Roth conversion journey last year and I'm working on a few conversions right now. So far I only have US total stock index funds in both DW and my Roth IRA. Was wondering if others put international equities in their Roth? Being that a very small percentage of my assets are in the Roth, I keep my overall US/international allocation in check in my traditional IRA.

I place my most aggressive growth funds in the Roths because they have the longest time horizon. They hold some US multinational and some international stocks. But I do not put international equities in, such as an international or EM fund.

My international stocks are in taxable IRAs and taxable açcount. Not a huge allocation to those in any event as I feel you get plenty indirectly through US multinationals

No reason you could not take a different approach.

I keep international in my taxable account so I can get the foreign tax credit. You won't get that in a Roth or tIRA.

I don’t really plan for different assets in TIRA and Roth. Started with most speculative in Roth and bonds in Trading, but now I’m moving “in-kind” most beaten down to Roth.

I keep international in my taxable account so I can get the foreign tax credit. You won't get that in a Roth or tIRA.

+1 if you hold internetional equities in a tIRA or Roth then the foreign taxes paid go to waste... and I hate waste... so I hold international equities in my taxable.

I do have some international equities in a tIRA to get to my target but only because the domestic equities in my taxable account are so highly appreciated that I would pay a lot in taxes to swap them out for international.

+1 if you hold internetional equities in a tIRA or Roth then the foreign taxes paid go to waste... and I hate waste... so I hold international equities in my taxable.

I do have some international equities in a tIRA to get to my target but only because the domestic equities in my taxable account are so highly appreciated that I would pay a lot in taxes to swap them out for international.
+1
Except I have some international equities in my [-]tIRA[/-] Roth to get to my target but only because the equities in my taxable account are so highly appreciated that I would pay a lot in taxes to swap them out for international. My tIRAs are 100% bond funds and MMs.

Good feedback. I have most of my international in my taxable but some in tIRA. I think I can make a few adjustments without tax consequences.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom