RSVP for REHP/FIRE Meetup - Washington DC - Sept. 18, 2008

Are you coming?

• Yes, there will be one of me

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Yes, there will be two of us

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, there will be more than two of us (please post details in the thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not coming

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • I like pancakes

Votes: 14 35.9%

• Total voters
Hey guys, take some pictures, OK?

Sorry I didn't reconfirm earlier, but I've been traveling.

If it's still OK, I'd like to attend, even though I checked the menu and my WAD (Wallet Anxiety Disorder) is already flaring up.

Stay Cheap!
-Jeff Yeager

I'll be there (though I'll regret not being able to use my $20 Zaytinya gift certificate!)

Actually, after the latest drop in the market today, the balance in my 401K should just about cover a small pizza (one topping only).

Stay Cheap!
-Jeff Yeager

Well, good intentions and all of that. With the market the way it is, things are going a bit crazy at my office. I have to prepare a presentation to our executive director that we have to give tomorrow at 8am. I'm going to try to make it, but I may get stuck at the office pretty late. If I don't make it, SORRY! I'm really bummed.

Karen

Actually, after the latest drop in the market today, the balance in my 401K should just about cover a small pizza (one topping only).

Stay Cheap!
-Jeff Yeager

I may be late - I get off work at six, out the door here at 6:30, depending on the source (GPS, Google Maps) it'll take between 1.5 hours to almost two hours.

So barring a fireball on I-270 I'll be there.

Haven't been to the Big City in a while, and will get a reminder of why we left.

Sharing Jeff's WAD attack too.:)

Sorry about the prices, guys!

This will be the one time a year when I eat out not at Carl's Jr.

Oh, I'll be in jeans and a green checkered shirt instead.

2Cor521

I was almost there. I had mentioned to DW that I was going, but neglected to tell her that I planned to take the car, so she was out when I got home from work. "No problem" I thought, "I'll just take the truck".

That was a problem. I made it to the 700 block of H street but there was absolutely no prayer of finding any place to park it. There were a couple of parking garages, but the truck is too big to fit in one of those. Drove around a bit a couple of blocks in each direction, near gridlock as far as the eye could see.

It took 10 minutes to go two blocks. Why people choose to subject themselves to those living conditions is incomprehensible to me. Gave up, told the GPS "Home, James" and headed for the hills.

Sorry, I won't be in D.C. that week. My lobbying efforts for early retirees aren't scheduled again until later in the month.

I was almost there. I had mentioned to DW that I was going, but neglected to tell her that I planned to take the car, so she was out when I got home from work. "No problem" I thought, "I'll just take the truck".

That was a problem. I made it to the 700 block of H street but there was absolutely no prayer of finding any place to park it. There were a couple of parking garages, but the truck is too big to fit in one of those. Drove around a bit a couple of blocks in each direction, near gridlock as far as the eye could see.

It took 10 minutes to go two blocks. Why people choose to subject themselves to those living conditions is incomprehensible to me. Gave up, told the GPS "Home, James" and headed for the hills.

Try taking the metro next time. It's much, much cheaper than finding parking in DC. We absolutely refuse to Drive in DC unless it's on Sat or Sun mornings.

I apologize to everybody. I somehow had this on my calendar for next Thursday. I was up in Pennsylvania on a bike trip yesterday and today. When I got back I saw KAudrey's message and realized I was off a week.

Once again - sorry. I really wanted to attend this event. I hope it went well.

Walt34, we were wondering what happened to you!

It ended up being me, UltimateCheapskate, and MyOwnTime. We had a fun time and it was interesting to get to know everyone better. TAl, I have a picture to post but will probably do that when I get back home.

2Cor521

Sorry I didn't make it! I was at work until almost 9pm, and by then I was exhausted. SecondCor - definitely let me know next time you are back in town! :)

kaudrey,

Will do. If you're still working where you were working last year, I figured it would be a busy week for you given the events of last week.

2Cor521

Hey, you guys are too young to retire! ;)

I've got to find a way to participate in one/some of these soirees. So far, the only er-orger I've met was JG.

The brilliance nearly struck me blind...

Back
Top Bottom