RSVP for REHP/FIRE Meetup - Washington DC - Sept. 18, 2008

Are you coming?

• Yes, there will be one of me

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Yes, there will be two of us

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, there will be more than two of us (please post details in the thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not coming

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • I like pancakes

Votes: 14 35.9%

• Total voters

SecondCor521

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Hey everyone,

Read about the meetup a little here.

If'n you're coming, please vote so we can get a decent headcount. If you're not sure just vote your best guess.

2Cor521

I would like to - but whether I can depends on time & place. Daytime? Evening? Northbound 270 is a quagmire between 3:00 & 7:30 pm or so.

I will plan on attending, if you don't mind socializing with a "Grumpy" person.:D:D

I wish I could be there, but best friend wants to go out of town for her 25th birthday. Hope you all have fun!

I will come. Have you picked a place yet?

I would like to - but whether I can depends on time & place. Daytime? Evening? Northbound 270 is a quagmire between 3:00 & 7:30 pm or so.

No precise place picked yet. This is a very casual thing and I'm not a "party thrower" so my thought was to just get together at a restaurant/bar and grill so people can eat/drink/chat/get to know people kind of thing.

That was the reason for the poll. If it looks like 5 or 10 people we can probably just pick a restaurant. If it's 30 people, they'd probably appreciate a call ahead of time.

I'll be traveling up from Fredericksburg and will likely rely on the Metro for the last part of my journey, so my standing request to kaudrey -- who is a local and I am trusting to pick a good place -- is somewhere within a mile or two of a Metro station. Other than that I'm open to suggestions...

The event will be in the evening -- shall we say 7:00?

2Cor521

Hi,

I'll be there! Sorry, I was away on vacation.

Give me a few days, I'll work on a place (near a metro). I'll make some phone calls - I have a few ideas.

Karen

Hi,

I'll be there! Sorry, I was away on vacation.

Give me a few days, I'll work on a place (near a metro). I'll make some phone calls - I have a few ideas.

Karen

Great! (This was the Alaska trip, right? I hope/bet you had a great time!)

2Cor521

I'm planning to attend, but hoping, of course, that it will be at a place that will honor my buy-one-get-one-free coupon.

Stay Cheap!
-Jeff Yeager

Those are all fine by me. I have been to Zaytinya several times -- kind of an upscale Jaleo. That and Matchbox I would probably ride my bike to. Bar Pilar sounds nice too - heck I would probably ride there as well. They are opening a matchbox on Capitol Hill soon but not in time for this get together.

Any place is fine by me, but of the three I'd prefer Matchbox.

I just checked the RSVP's, and apparently there will be ~7 of us.

So we have one vote for Matchbox...if you're definitely coming then please reply with your vote.

2Cor521

I'd like to come. My vote is with Zaytinya, but Matchbox would be fine.

sounds like fun only i won't be up that way again until maybe november. save me a pancake.

I'm planning to attend, but hoping, of course, that it will be at a place that will honor my buy-one-get-one-free coupon.

Stay Cheap!
-Jeff Yeager

I wish I lived nearby because I'd come and have you autograph my book . It would probably sell for more on ebay with the autograph .

OK, since it's getting close I'd like to change the voting question a little -- let's say it's at Matchbox -- any one with any serious objections?

2Cor521

I would like to attend but that date won't work for me. Have fun.

Grumpy

What name will the reservation be in? If they don't take reservations, where should we meet. I'm the gray haired guy :)

Just got off the phone with Matchbox. The closest they had was an 8:00 reservation, so I went ahead and made a reservation for that time under the name Art Vandelay. They did say it probably wouldn't be terribly busy, so I'll arrive at about 7:00 and wait for a table in the bar area on the first floor. I'm 5'10", 190#, very very short dark hair, and wear glasses. I'll probably be wearing business casual just because that would seem to fit in with the restaurant and the area.

kaudrey, I don't know who all is coming exactly; the poll shows 7 people showing up. Based on this thread, I'm guessing you, me, donheff, Ultimate Cheapskate, Walt34, MyOwnTime, and maybe some other folks.

2Cor521

I will make the pilgrimage down from the hills of WV. Can't stay late though, have to be at work 12 noon the next day.

Assuming I can follow the GPS's directions. Normally I avoid DC like the plague since the first thing I normally do upon crossing the DC line is get lost.

Back
Top Bottom