Safest way to pay tax owed

Why does one want to e-file a state return when TT charges another $25 to do so vs. printing one off & snail mailing?...

Convenience.

A click or two and I'm done... no printing, colating, stapling, addressing the envelope, wondering if the pages are over or under an ounce, going to the mailbox or post office, wondering if the return got lost in the mail or not... etc. Besides, I've had instances where I have printed the return and had to make a minor change that required certain pages to be re-printed, etc. a real PITA.

And I think it is $22, not $25.

This does not worry me in the least.

Fact is, my SS number is held by lots of people, including the credit agencies. Same for my personal data.

If it is going to be stolen, chances are high that it will happen in a wholesale manner, ie the theft of MB's of secure personal data of thousands of people vs one payment or cheque that may contain my data. We take the usual precautions and shred but we do not fret about it when making a payment or an application of any kind.

On dead people? :D

Actually a lot of obituaries are online and an obituary likley gives a mothers maiden name and the name of her children. Further often there are address checks that give no more info than old phone books did.

This does not worry me in the least.

Fact is, my SS number is held by lots of people, including the credit agencies. Same for my personal data.

If it is going to be stolen, chances are high that it will happen in a wholesale manner, ie the theft of MB's of secure personal data of thousands of people vs one payment or cheque that may contain my data. We take the usual precautions and shred but we do not fret about it when making a payment or an application of any kind.

+1 Well said, brett.

Convenience.

A click or two and I'm done... no printing, colating, stapling, addressing the envelope, wondering if the pages are over or under an ounce, going to the mailbox or post office, wondering if the return got lost in the mail or not... etc. Besides, I've had instances where I have printed the return and had to make a minor change that required certain pages to be re-printed, etc. a real PITA.

And I think it is $22, not $25.
Thanks. Well, at least for us it's $24.99.

Never have filed state by mail since using TT till now as I've always gotten a refund till now.

Always print out a return as I find checking between forms easier - and find mistakes - that way & easier to quick reference later. Also like to add notes.

Back
Top Bottom