Saving for new car

Where are you getting .9% financing for a car?*

That is VERY interesting!!

*non-military / veteran loan

Offers come and go all the time.
For example right now you can get 0% financing for 63 months on a new Subaru Outback. Where we live in NH it is pretty much the perfect car for us and you see may of them all over northern New England. Heck they are practically the state car of Vermont:LOL:

Offers come and go all the time.
For example right now you can get 0% financing for 63 months on a new Subaru Outback. Where we live in NH it is pretty much the perfect car for us and you see may of them all over northern New England. Heck they are practically the state car of Vermont:LOL:

First things first, need to increase income and reduce expenses to max out 2021 401k and Roth IRA (it'll be the first time!)

Before retirement, I set aside enough for an SUV outside of my retirement portfolio. Then shortly after retiring back in 2009, I bought a brand new 2009 Venza, which I still have.

Anyway, it turns out that even without allocating money towards a new car, I can easily afford one. So, I withdrew enough of my cash dividends from my portfolio to pay for my next car and put it in my local bricks'n'mortar savings account.

There it sits. A much bigger problem for me is finding a car that I actually want. None of them appeal to me very much, and I only have about 35,000-36,000 miles on my Venza so there is no urgency in replacing it. But anyway, I'm ready to jump on it if/when I figure out what I want.

Finding a truck that I wanted would be my problem. Right now I drive a 2010 GMC Canyon regular cab truck with a 5-speed manual. I bought it used in 2016 for $8K and plan on keeping it until 2030 or so, as long as it holds up. It's got manual windows and locks and with the manual transmission and no screen in the dash there's very little that could go wrong with it that I couldn't fix myself.

Of course, right now it's impossible to find a new regular-cab manual transmission truck. And I'm sure there will be even less options with a manual transmission 8 years from now. At least in the U.S.

Back
Top Bottom