Scraping by on $150,000 a year

Milton

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Yet another article on high income wage-slaves: Scraping by on $150,000 a year - MSN Money

"We're struggling week to week to get by," says Brian, 42. "Any money that comes in gets chewed up right away."

Digesting that fact becomes harder when you consider that the Schuetts earn a comfortable living, with Amy, 39, pulling in $150,000 a year as a hospital psychiatrist. True, their income did take a big hit last summer when Brian got laid off from his job as a sales rep for a pharmaceutical firm (he'd been making a base salary of $82,000 a year, plus commissions as high as $24,000). And they do have four daughters to raise, ages 4 to 9. But still.

Gee, those 2 unoccupied rental houses kind of put a dent in your monthly budget, don't they? :rant:

I don't blame them at all.

4 kids, combined with the late start most doctors have with savings, and a 40% pay cut on top.

Yeah, this is a pretty idiotic article. Gee, I wonder why its hard to pay for three houses on one salary?

How stupid are these people?

I'm going to get rid of cable and stop paying the $3/month for my unlisted phone, but I'm going to hang on to empty rental properties that most likely are costing $2000-$3000+ per month?

Sell the two houses, take the loss, problem solved.

Gee, those 2 unoccupied rental houses kind of put a dent in your monthly budget, don't they? :rant:

This is NOT another high-income wage slave article. It is the SAME article that was dis[-]cus[/-]sed here at length when it first appeared.

We can end this thread now or resurrect the old thread. Or we can go on like this was a new article and compare what we wrote back then with what we write now :rolleyes:

Yeah, this is a pretty idiotic article. Gee, I wonder why its hard to pay for three houses on one salary?

How stupid are these people?

I'm going to get rid of cable and stop paying the $3/month for my unlisted phone, but I'm going to hang on to empty rental properties that most likely are costing $2000-$3000+ per month?

Sell the two houses, take the loss, problem solved.

If stupidity were outlawed in this country, we would have one h@ll of a lot of outlaws on the loose. :(

But you know that they were going to get easy money from them, just like from all the people on TV.

They should of spent more time at work rather being
together and breeding like rabbits!

Also your life could be in their hands one sells drugs the other is an M.D!!!

$150k in nebraska?

The trade-off is worth it, says Brian, because "the kids so love having a horse."
In fact, Amy has already got a name if they get a second horse: Buttercup. "We'll probably have to wait a while for that," says Brian. "We've got another beast to tame first."

no sympathy from me... 4 girls? they can hand down the clothes...

Back
Top Bottom