Join Early Retirement Today

Old 11-02-2019, 01:24 AM   #161
Recycles dryer sheets

LBYM - Debt to Gross Income Ratios:
Housing <= 28%
All Debt <= 36%

When borrowing money to buy anything, 20% down payment min. If you canít afford that, they you probably should not get it (LBYM).
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2019, 10:04 AM   #162
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

They are dopes.

It all comes down to choices. Forget about this nonsense about these unfortunates. Bottom line...they did not have to buy a new car, they did not have to buy the car that they did. They made their choice. They placed wants ahead of needs and affordability.

A person who borrows/finances more than the price of their quickly depreciating asset gets no sympathy from me. No matter what the interest rate. You cannot fix stupid.
brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:43 AM   #163
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett View Post
You cannot fix stupid.
But I want need it!

JoeWras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:50 AM   #164
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rianne View Post
I was all over Carmax, Carfax, Carguru searching used cars...all in the last couple of months. Went from 2012, 2015, 2018 looking for that sweetheart deal. The under 50K mileage. They show you the interior, under the hood, the trunk space. Then, both DH/me realized a used 2017 was only a couple $K less than a new. I mean out the door price.

So we bought a new 2019, fully loaded, took the loan out for the full price b/c dealer took an extra $1K off the price, so total $4K rebate. Within 6 days of purchase, I paid $21K to the dealer finance co. I'll end up paying @ $50 for the financing b/c I'll pay it off in 3 months. Total for the car was $22, 444.

What did you buy for $22k otd?
Old 11-07-2019, 08:58 AM   #165
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallCityDave View Post
What did you buy for $22k otd?
Hyundai Sonata SEL, 2019 (new).