Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2020, 10:01 PM   #2421
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdre View Post
Just broke 1.5 million today. This is our magic number and I told my boss Iím outta there after bonuses come. 100 days to ER!!! I havenít felt so calm and free for quite some time. I had a hard time deciding to leave a 200k/year job that I worked my a$$ off to get, but itís the only thing that feels right. Looking forward to getting time with my 6 year old while he still wants to talk to me.
Congrats!! I broke thru $1.5M today too, though for me its the second time.. hopefully this time it sticks.

I'm sure it will feel weird leaving but I know spending time with those that matters is priceless.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2020, 06:17 AM   #2422
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Congrats to everyone, on those new milestones!

I recently popped the $2M barrier, but it's been my third time doing so. Admittedly, it loses its charm after awhile. I had broken it before back in February, August, and now November.

It's probably not going to stick, but as of yesterday, I popped another barrier, $2.1M!
Old 11-25-2020, 07:33 AM   #2423
Recycles dryer sheets

Reached 50X expenses. Holy smokes. Never in a million years would I have thought this possible.

DW still works.
I became a lazy bum in 2018.

Sorry if I sound like a braggart - I don't mean to. But I have no one else to share this with other than my wife.
Old 11-25-2020, 07:44 AM   #2424

I'm sure everyone has just crossed another line. Congratulations to everyone and I don't see it as braggart here on this site one bit. I'm happy for everyone no matter where you rank as a millionaire.
Old 11-25-2020, 12:45 PM   #2425

Hit another net worth milestone yesterday. Quite the rally going on.

Never thought we would see it. Have been semi retired since 2015 and probably have about another year, year and a half to go before full retirement.

Won't ever reach the next milestone but don't really care. Feeling good today.

Old 11-25-2020, 01:54 PM   #2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenzo Corleone View Post
Reached 50X expenses. Holy smokes. Never in a million years would I have thought this possible.

DW still works.

Sorry if I sound like a braggart - I don't mean to. But I have no one else to share this with other than my wife.
This is one of the few places where you can scream from the mountaintop that "I made it" without being a braggart. Congrats and serve as an inspiration for others still climbing the mountain.
Old 11-25-2020, 05:41 PM   #2427
Recycles dryer sheets

Hit 1.65M in investments. Woot!
Old 11-25-2020, 08:13 PM   #2428
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by street View Post
I'm sure everyone has just crossed another line. Congratulations to everyone and I don't see it as braggart here on this site one bit. I'm happy for everyone no matter where you rank as a millionaire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrencewendall View Post
This is one of the few places where you can scream from the mountaintop that "I made it" without being a braggart. Congrats and serve as an inspiration for others still climbing the mountain.
Thank you both! And congrats to all!
Old 11-25-2020, 09:24 PM   #2429
Recycles dryer sheets

Yes. Congrats to everyone! Virtual toast!
Old 11-30-2020, 03:39 AM   #2430
Confused about dryer sheets

First post on this site for me. Been lurking for a while and am impressed with the attitude and knowledge of the posters on this site. Turned 52 today and we site at a bit over $4.5M (w/o house). Had been targeting $5M @ 55 as our goal and with the recent market rally, this now seems reasonably achievable.
Old 12-01-2020, 10:19 AM   #2431
Recycles dryer sheets

Welcome Srblanco7, and happy birthday. Excellent job, looks like you'll achieve your goal!
Old 12-01-2020, 07:55 PM   #2432
Dryer sheet wannabe

Thanks to another up day in the market, we passed the 3.5 mark! Sure to go below a few times at least in the near future before it sticks, but nice to see another marker passed for the first time.
Old 12-01-2020, 08:01 PM   #2433

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdre View Post
Just broke 1.5 million today. This is our magic number and I told my boss Iím outta there after bonuses come. 100 days to ER!!! I havenít felt so calm and free for quite some time. I had a hard time deciding to leave a 200k/year job that I worked my a$$ off to get, but itís the only thing that feels right. Looking forward to getting time with my 6 year old while he still wants to talk to me.
Congrats. 6 yr old ? so you are still young I suppose. Nice to be able to tell your boss that you're out.
Old 12-01-2020, 09:36 PM   #2434
Recycles dryer sheets

-- $200k in retirement accounts
-- Purchased 2 more investment properties this year with 20-30% equity
-- Total equity of my Real Estate portfolio is now $1M+
-- No CC or Car Loans

Focusing now on investing more in Mutual Funds and MAX OUT my ROTH and hopefully ER in 10-12 years!
Old 12-02-2020, 04:11 AM   #2435

Paid off my mortgage in year 11 of a 30 year mortgage. For the next 13 years I aggressively every month bought into the markets through mutual funds regardless of market conditions. I FIRE'd because I could. I then gave my notice and walked away from MegaCorp. 2009 market conditions was tough but I always kept my eye on the prize. Living below your means and simple healthy living helps get there too.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:38 AM   #2436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenzo Corleone View Post

DW still works.

Congrats to you. This is the only place we can talk about these things. I completely get it. Our net worth is also 50x expenses, but investments are only() 47x. My DH still works too.
Old 12-03-2020, 04:47 AM   #2437
Recycles dryer sheets

My fidelity account hit 3.5 million today, net worth is 5.6m ...feels REALLY good! Admittedly sometimes I wonder how this happened. I am just a blue collar guy who wears a tool belt for a living with no college education. I buy whatever I want whenever I want it. I feel very fortunate to have reached this level.

Congratulations to everyone else on your milestones. I like to read about other peoples successes.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:50 AM   #2438
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427Vette View Post
My fidelity account hit 3.5 million today, net worth is 5.6m ...feels REALLY good! Admittedly sometimes I wonder how this happened. I am just a blue collar guy who wears a tool belt for a living with no college education. I buy whatever I want whenever I want it. I feel very fortunate to have reached this level.

Congratulations to everyone else on your milestones. I like to read about other peoples successes.
Wow, that's really impressive. Congratulations!
Old 12-03-2020, 08:52 AM   #2439
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugeauxgirl View Post
Congrats to you. This is the only place we can talk about these things. I completely get it. Our net worth is also 50x expenses, but investments are only() 47x. My DH still works too.
Nice!
Old 12-03-2020, 11:15 AM   #2440

Paid off the last $3.5k of my mortgage today! (I actually left about $20 balance on the principal just so that they simply pay my 2020 taxes from the escrow as scheduled. I'll clean up the rest and close it out in January.)
Closed Thread