Share your FIRE Milestones - 2013- 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just passed 1.3 million in savings/IRA/401K (momentarily) plus have about 1.3 million in real estate including my house/rental/vacation house. That makes my happy but what really makes me ecstatic is that I just got the results from my oncologist and am still cancer free after 1.5 years!! Still working at 60...not sure how much longer to continue. The odd thing is that when I thought I didn't have much time left, I wanted to keep working to help my family's finances after I was gone. Now that I have a better outlook, I want to escape...Decisions...

Congratulations! That's wonderful news to go into Thanksgiving with. :dance::dance:

I vote for escape, personally! I am 2.5 years cancer free, and I will escape the j*b on 12/31. :D

Congratulations! That's wonderful news to go into Thanksgiving with. :dance::dance:

I vote for escape, personally! I am 2.5 years cancer free, and I will escape the j*b on 12/31. :D

Thank you. 2.5 Years is awesome. I am told that after 2 years for me, I am in the clear. Congratulations. Life is precious.

I would love to retire but have really great health insurance that I have benefited immensely from (about 1 million in coverage) over the last 2 years. If medicare at 60 happens, I am free. Otherwise I will probably leave at 63.5 (3 more years) and cobra my way to 65.

Thank you. 2.5 Years is awesome. I am told that after 2 years for me, I am in the clear. Congratulations. Life is precious.

I would love to retire but have really great health insurance that I have benefited immensely from (about 1 million in coverage) over the last 2 years. If medicare at 60 happens, I am free. Otherwise I will probably leave at 63.5 (3 more years) and cobra my way to 65.

Thank you! Two years was definitely the first milestone, and after five years they say I can pretty much stop worrying.

I hear you on the health insurance, believe me. I was perfectly healthy my entire life - until the day I wasn't. My employer insurance paid out massive amounts of money - although nowhere close to a million! No early retirement for me - I will turn 65 on Christmas Eve, and I will retire on Dec. 31st. I've already made my first Medicare and Medicare supplement payments.

I think if the Medicare eligibility age is lowered, many people will retire at 60 - several of my slightly-younger friends and coworkers have already said as much to me. It would be a game-changer for sure.

Last edited:
Thank you! Two years was definitely the first milestone, and after five years they say I can pretty much stop worrying.

I hear you on the health insurance, believe me. I was perfectly healthy my entire life - until the day I wasn't. My employer insurance paid out massive amounts of money - although nowhere close to a million! No early retirement for me - I will turn 65 on Christmas Eve, and I will retire on Dec. 31st. I've already made my first Medicare and Medicare supplement payments.

I think if the Medicare eligibility age is lowered, many people will retire at 60 - several of my slightly-younger friends and coworkers have already said as much to me. It would be a game-changer for sure.

Congratulations. Two incredible achievements, beating cancer and retiring (with healthcare)!! Slam dunk....Simply awesome.

I know exactly what you mean when you say you were perfectly healthy until you weren't. My story identically. I now have a different point of view on everything. Enjoy your victory's to the fullest....you've earned it.

Congratulations. Two incredible achievements, beating cancer and retiring (with healthcare)!! Slam dunk....Simply awesome.

I know exactly what you mean when you say you were perfectly healthy until you weren't. My story identically. I now have a different point of view on everything. Enjoy your victory's to the fullest....you've earned it.

:flowers::flowers:

I'll add my congrats. This week is my 12th anniversary of being cancer free.:dance:

I just realized that I haven't posted my own update for a while (3 years) in this thread. Some of the milestones:
* Total networth to gross earned income ratio stands at about 9.5x compared to 6x 3 years ago.
* Savings rate (from earned income only) stood at about 56% of net earned income last year. This year looks like will drop to 50% due to one time expenses of setting up a new farm homestead. This may continue for few years.
* Total invested assets are closing in at 65% of the target.

Last edited:
I hit $1.25M today. Started with 849k in January of 2016. I have not touched a cent nor have I contributed anything since December 2015. Five more years to 59.5. I never thought it would go up so quickly. Hoping this trend continues.

Just broke 1.5 million today. This is our magic number and I told my boss I’m outta there after bonuses come. 100 days to ER!!! I haven’t felt so calm and free for quite some time. I had a hard time deciding to leave a 200k/year job that I worked my a$$ off to get, but it’s the only thing that feels right. Looking forward to getting time with my 6 year old while he still wants to talk to me.

Just passed 1.3 million in savings/IRA/401K (momentarily) plus have about 1.3 million in real estate including my house/rental/vacation house. That makes my happy but what really makes me ecstatic is that I just got the results from my oncologist and am still cancer free after 1.5 years!! Still working at 60...not sure how much longer to continue. The odd thing is that when I thought I didn't have much time left, I wanted to keep working to help my family's finances after I was gone. Now that I have a better outlook, I want to escape...Decisions...

Congratulations on all fronts!!

Just broke 1.5 million today. This is our magic number and I told my boss I’m outta there after bonuses come. 100 days to ER!!! I haven’t felt so calm and free for quite some time. I had a hard time deciding to leave a 200k/year job that I worked my a$$ off to get, but it’s the only thing that feels right. Looking forward to getting time with my 6 year old while he still wants to talk to me.

You told boss about bonus or the $1.5M?

Congrats!! I broke thru $1.5M today too, though for me its the second time.. hopefully this time it sticks.

I'm sure it will feel weird leaving but I know spending time with those that matters is priceless.

Congrats to everyone, on those new milestones!

I recently popped the $2M barrier, but it's been my third time doing so. Admittedly, it loses its charm after awhile. I had broken it before back in February, August, and now November.

It's probably not going to stick, but as of yesterday, I popped another barrier, $2.1M!

Reached 50X expenses. Holy smokes. Never in a million years would I have thought this possible.

DW still works.
I became a lazy bum in 2018.

Sorry if I sound like a braggart - I don't mean to. But I have no one else to share this with other than my wife.

I'm sure everyone has just crossed another line. Congratulations to everyone and I don't see it as braggart here on this site one bit. I'm happy for everyone no matter where you rank as a millionaire.

Hit another net worth milestone yesterday. Quite the rally going on.

Never thought we would see it. Have been semi retired since 2015 and probably have about another year, year and a half to go before full retirement.

Won't ever reach the next milestone but don't really care. Feeling good today.

:baconflag:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom