Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-17-2021, 10:05 AM   #381
Recycles dryer sheets

Thanks Sky and Nash!
This is huge for us due to the fact that prior to this we were mostly tax deferred money. This is going to allow us to focus on the taxable side of our investments and get that to where it needs to be.
After all, a 401k millionaire is still broke! I'm excited to balance things out.
Cassius King is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2021, 07:39 PM   #382
Recycles dryer sheets

My wife and I have been tracking our finances for a while, and checking our net worth periodically.

Thanks to the market gods our net worth just crossed 750k. We were kind of surprised, but feeling pretty good since we’re in our early 30’s.

Here’s hoping for retirement by 45!
turbo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 06:37 AM   #383
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo89 View Post
My wife and I have been tracking our finances for a while, and checking our net worth periodically.

Thanks to the market gods our net worth just crossed 750k. We were kind of surprised, but feeling pretty good since we’re in our early 30’s.

Here’s hoping for retirement by 45!
Great job turbo89! You’re well on your way to a financially secure early retirement!
RxMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 05:21 AM   #384
Dryer sheet wannabe

Had to get up early this morning to check the accounts. We hit 2M in our "Bridge" account and 3M overall in invested assets (not including house). 3M was our goal set back in early 2000's as the SWAG amount we needed to "FIRE". Hasn't sunk in but I think we're finally here, financially anyway!! It seems surreal to finally see that number on the spreadsheet! So thankful for this forum that we can share like this without the strange looks or judgement!
WD40 or duct tape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 05:28 AM   #385
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WD40 or duct tape View Post
Had to get up early this morning to check the accounts. We hit 2M in our "Bridge" account and 3M overall in invested assets (not including house). 3M was our goal set back in early 2000's as the SWAG amount we needed to "FIRE". Hasn't sunk in but I think we're finally here, financially anyway!! It seems surreal to finally see that number on the spreadsheet! So thankful for this forum that we can share like this without the strange looks or judgement!

Wd40, congrats for getting to that “threshold” you were planning. Now let’s hope things continue to trend upward and there is no slippage back. At least emotionally that’s a great [emoji106] feeling to achieve. So when is the RE date?
Old 10-16-2021, 05:44 AM   #386
Recycles dryer sheets

Time to start the STOP W#%k Date ��
Congrats indeed!
cnocmmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 05:48 AM   #387
Dryer sheet wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtoride View Post
Wd40, congrats for getting to that “threshold” you were planning. Now let’s hope things continue to trend upward and there is no slippage back. At least emotionally that’s a great [emoji106] feeling to achieve. So when is the RE date?
Thanks Luvtoride! Unfortunately, the RE date is a little out of my control - since my resignation, I've been placed on the board of directors until they decide to repurchase my company stock. Just waiting for an offer / "gravy on the biscuit".
WD40 or duct tape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 06:38 AM   #388
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by WD40 or duct tape View Post
Congrats! It is a great feeling when you finally hit your number.
Dalmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 06:55 AM   #389
Recycles dryer sheets

Crossed over the 10M mark this month in invested assets. It has been a long road and many years of working. I have to thank my father who always preached "Save your money". Also have to thank those on this forum for all the advice and humor while on this road we call life. It is good to have a place to share milestones with a group of like minded folks. Thanks
pletal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 07:02 AM   #390
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by pletal View Post
Crossed over the 10M mark this month in invested assets. It has been a long road and many years of working. I have to thank my father who always preached "Save your money". Also have to thank those on this forum for all the advice and humor while on this road we call life. It is good to have a place to share milestones with a group of like minded folks. Thanks
Congrats to all that hit there milestones. Myself I'm just trying to get to 500,000 in investments to pull the plug. As I invested well since I've been 21 and did have to give a 100,000 to a ex wife 6 years ago so that kind of set me back a bit and I never made over 6 figures in my life either so didn't have all the extra free money laying around to live a comfortable life. Now hoping to hit my number in 6 months then selling everything and going on the road to see this incredible country we live in before I can't get around.
Old 10-18-2021, 07:51 PM   #391
Recycles dryer sheets

Today is a mini-milestone for me. I reached a net worth of $19M today. $19,074,165 to be exact. My next major milestone is to reach $30M around 2025. Cheers! Love this forum!
HawaiiShrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 08:06 PM   #392
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

kind of a backwards milestone today. We had been running with too much cash, but we signed final documents and took care of that problem with a wire transfer for our retirement property.
Woohoo!
Operating Engineer for a commercial plumbing contractor
skyking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 06:16 AM   #393
Recycles dryer sheets

We are nowhere close to joining the 7 figure club or even the 6 figure club..lookin to hit the 15K mark in the next couple of months. everyone has to start somewhere. But we are retired with pensions and I will soon be 62 and will add about 1100 a month SS to the mix .

IMHO the best thing about being retired is No more alarm clocks (how i loathed those things.
ERObjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 06:40 AM   #394
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking1 View Post
kind of a backwards milestone today. We had been running with too much cash, but we signed final documents and took care of that problem with a wire transfer for our retirement property.
Woohoo!
Good for you!! I'm still waiting for that final step in my long purchase process. I hope it all gets done soon.
street is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 06:42 AM   #395
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERObjd View Post
We are nowhere close to joining the 7 figure club or even the 6 figure club..lookin to hit the 15K mark in the next couple of months. everyone has to start somewhere. But we are retired with pensions and I will soon be 62 and will add about 1100 a month SS to the mix .

IMHO the best thing about being retired is No more alarm clocks (how i loathed those things.
I wish you many more milestones. Good Luck!!!
Old 10-19-2021, 10:12 AM   #396
Recycles dryer sheets

Thanks,like many other savers of modest means we just try and keep pecking away and adding to our investments each and every month. Some months we do better than others but always try and stay around the 1,000 a month into investing..depending on if we have to replenish emergency fund..ie water heater, home repair dental etc.
ERObjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 12:25 PM   #397
Recycles dryer sheets

Just clicked over $60k in our HSAs, with $18k of unused receipts available. Hoping to get that to $100k by retirement with 3 more years of contributions and some growth.
HenryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 04:18 PM   #398
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiShrimp View Post
Today is a mini-milestone for me. I reached a net worth of $19M today. $19,074,165 to be exact. My next major milestone is to reach $30M around 2025. Cheers! Love this forum!
Congrats HawaiiShrimp! Great to see you hitting the 19M milestone!
luckydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 09:15 AM   #399
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckydude View Post
Congrats HawaiiShrimp! Great to see you hitting the 19M milestone!
Thank you for the kind words! Much appreciated.
HawaiiShrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 04:15 PM   #400
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiShrimp View Post
You done well! If I had your money, I would throw mine away.