Share Your FIRE Milestones - 2021

no idea if you have enough

We had an appointment with a BECU Investment Services advisor. First we were dealing with a mature MYGA.
Second and the milestone part:
DW has been listening to me wax poetic about our financial ability to retire, and wanted a second opinion :)
Our advisor ran the numbers through her tools, and came up with 990/1000 with the 5/2023 target date.
We chatted some more, talked about other scenarios.
She dialed back our risk to 20% from the reality of about 50%. Same results.
Then I suggested she run the numbers with 1/2022 as the target date. Same result, 990/1000 :D
Finally she swatted it with an additional 25K/year spend at the front for 10 years, AND reduced the risk from 50% to 20%, and it dropped to a 67% confidence rate.
DW is beginning to believe!

Hey skyking we have no idea if you have enough to retire as you never gave any of your numbers here so you will have to go by what ever the financial guru says i guess

I don't need to share that. The milestone was my wife is coming around to what I already know. I have ran it all through firecalc and several other cool calculators, many times over.

We made it financially to where my wife's salary covers all bills and expenses. We'll be able to invest/save my entire salary.
This also relieves some of the stress of my current toxic work environment. I can walk away at any time knowing everything is covered. I enjoy what I do, but the people are getting worse by the day.
Cheers!

We made it financially to where my wife's salary covers all bills and expenses. We'll be able to invest/save my entire salary.
This also relieves some of the stress of my current toxic work environment. I can walk away at any time knowing everything is covered. I enjoy what I do, but the people are getting worse by the day.
Cheers!

Congrats! It is easier to take knowing you are set that way. We are in that same boat, maxing out her 403b contribution her remaining salary still covers the bills comfortably and my wages are all getting invested.

This is a good one... Congratulations to you!

With the business my wife and I started (she works in it primarily while I do my contracting job) flourishing, we are at the point where I could walk away and we wouldn't have to touch our savings until she decides to shut the business down... and we could probably save money still.

At this point, I continue going to work because I can't stay home with the kids all day!:flowers:

Thanks Sky and Nash!
This is huge for us due to the fact that prior to this we were mostly tax deferred money. This is going to allow us to focus on the taxable side of our investments and get that to where it needs to be.
After all, a 401k millionaire is still broke! I'm excited to balance things out.

My wife and I have been tracking our finances for a while, and checking our net worth periodically.

Thanks to the market gods our net worth just crossed 750k. We were kind of surprised, but feeling pretty good since we’re in our early 30’s.

Here’s hoping for retirement by 45!

My wife and I have been tracking our finances for a while, and checking our net worth periodically.

Thanks to the market gods our net worth just crossed 750k. We were kind of surprised, but feeling pretty good since we’re in our early 30’s.

Here’s hoping for retirement by 45!

Great job turbo89! You’re well on your way to a financially secure early retirement!

Had to get up early this morning to check the accounts. We hit 2M in our "Bridge" account and 3M overall in invested assets (not including house). 3M was our goal set back in early 2000's as the SWAG amount we needed to "FIRE". Hasn't sunk in but I think we're finally here, financially anyway!! It seems surreal to finally see that number on the spreadsheet! So thankful for this forum that we can share like this without the strange looks or judgement!

Had to get up early this morning to check the accounts. We hit 2M in our "Bridge" account and 3M overall in invested assets (not including house). 3M was our goal set back in early 2000's as the SWAG amount we needed to "FIRE". Hasn't sunk in but I think we're finally here, financially anyway!! It seems surreal to finally see that number on the spreadsheet! So thankful for this forum that we can share like this without the strange looks or judgement!

Wd40, congrats for getting to that “threshold” you were planning. Now let’s hope things continue to trend upward and there is no slippage back. At least emotionally that’s a great [emoji106] feeling to achieve. So when is the RE date?

Wd40, congrats for getting to that “threshold” you were planning. Now let’s hope things continue to trend upward and there is no slippage back. At least emotionally that’s a great [emoji106] feeling to achieve. So when is the RE date?
Thanks Luvtoride! Unfortunately, the RE date is a little out of my control - since my resignation, I've been placed on the board of directors until they decide to repurchase my company stock. Just waiting for an offer / "gravy on the biscuit".

Congrats! It is a great feeling when you finally hit your number. :)

Crossed over the 10M mark this month in invested assets. It has been a long road and many years of working. I have to thank my father who always preached "Save your money". Also have to thank those on this forum for all the advice and humor while on this road we call life. It is good to have a place to share milestones with a group of like minded folks. Thanks

Crossed over the 10M mark this month in invested assets. It has been a long road and many years of working. I have to thank my father who always preached "Save your money". Also have to thank those on this forum for all the advice and humor while on this road we call life. It is good to have a place to share milestones with a group of like minded folks. Thanks

Congrats to all that hit there milestones. Myself I'm just trying to get to 500,000 in investments to pull the plug. As I invested well since I've been 21 and did have to give a 100,000 to a ex wife 6 years ago so that kind of set me back a bit and I never made over 6 figures in my life either so didn't have all the extra free money laying around to live a comfortable life. Now hoping to hit my number in 6 months then selling everything and going on the road to see this incredible country we live in before I can't get around.

Today is a mini-milestone for me. I reached a net worth of $19M today. $19,074,165 to be exact. My next major milestone is to reach $30M around 2025. Cheers! Love this forum!

kind of a backwards milestone today. We had been running with too much cash, but we signed final documents and took care of that problem with a wire transfer for our retirement property.
Woohoo!

We are nowhere close to joining the 7 figure club or even the 6 figure club..lookin to hit the 15K mark in the next couple of months. everyone has to start somewhere. But we are retired with pensions and I will soon be 62 and will add about 1100 a month SS to the mix .

IMHO the best thing about being retired is No more alarm clocks (how i loathed those things.

kind of a backwards milestone today. We had been running with too much cash, but we signed final documents and took care of that problem with a wire transfer for our retirement property.
Woohoo!

Good for you!! I'm still waiting for that final step in my long purchase process. I hope it all gets done soon.

We are nowhere close to joining the 7 figure club or even the 6 figure club..lookin to hit the 15K mark in the next couple of months. everyone has to start somewhere. But we are retired with pensions and I will soon be 62 and will add about 1100 a month SS to the mix .

IMHO the best thing about being retired is No more alarm clocks (how i loathed those things.

I wish you many more milestones. Good Luck!!!

Thanks,like many other savers of modest means we just try and keep pecking away and adding to our investments each and every month. Some months we do better than others but always try and stay around the 1,000 a month into investing..depending on if we have to replenish emergency fund..ie water heater, home repair dental etc.

Last edited:
Just clicked over $60k in our HSAs, with $18k of unused receipts available. Hoping to get that to $100k by retirement with 3 more years of contributions and some growth.

Today is a mini-milestone for me. I reached a net worth of $19M today. $19,074,165 to be exact. My next major milestone is to reach $30M around 2025. Cheers! Love this forum!

Congrats HawaiiShrimp! Great to see you hitting the 19M milestone!

You done well! If I had your money, I would throw mine away.

Back
Top Bottom