Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Share your Worst Primerica Story.............
Old 11-05-2006, 08:56 PM   #41
Dryer sheet aficionado

Send a message via AIM to excellent

The license basically allows me to say that I'm not a complete layman and that I have some sort of non-buffoonery under my belt. I'm not in this business to make money, I'm in this business to help other people save their money. Learning about and then sharing information on LBYM, never being in debt, tax-deferred accounts, low-fee mutual funds and the like are the exact reason that I want to become licensed and then hopefully move on to a more reputable company or something. For right now I would be more than happy to share with families the basic rundown on how to start up a balanced portfolio, take a day of my time doing so, and not making a penny off of it.
I&#039;m here to share what I learn and learn what I&#039;ll share!<br />Have a great day!<br />(:
excellent is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2006, 08:17 AM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat
I read your initial post at http://early-retirement.org/forums/i...?topic=10332.0

With all due respect, I'm wondering why you feel that a license makes you qualified to offer financial advice. Most licenses allow you to SELL insurance or mutual funds. Common sense advice like: LBYM, save in tax deferred instruments, save x% of income etc. is easy to provide but hard to charge for. What are you planning to offer?
I don't think he believes it does...........he is looking for help and guidance from folks here. I'll give him credit he has a lot of guts, considering the general consensus folks on here have about financial folks.................

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:20 AM   #43
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by excellent
The license basically allows me to say that I'm not a complete layman and that I have some sort of non-buffoonery under my belt. I'm not in this business to make money, I'm in this business to help other people save their money. Learning about and then sharing information on LBYM, never being in debt, tax-deferred accounts, low-fee mutual funds and the like are the exact reason that I want to become licensed and then hopefully move on to a more reputable company or something. For right now I would be more than happy to share with families the basic rundown on how to start up a balanced portfolio, take a day of my time doing so, and not making a penny off of it.
I admire your wish to help others. However, I don't believe Primerica or WFG shares that noble quest............I beleive their emphasis is on recruiting. If you want to help others but are not concerned about compensation, then learn all you can and teach some classes at a local community college about basic finances. You'll get more satisfaction out of it................

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:30 AM   #44
Give me a forum ...

excellent
Have you tried contacting any credit unions to inquire about career oppourtunities? I could see you in an outreach type of position providing generalized financial advice or member/employee training (LBYM, DCA, etc). Since the CU's are "non-profit", member owned, thier mission may align better with your objectives. Most of the for profit companies provide member services only as a means to sell thier wares. Vanguard is also claims to be a "mutual" company. The CSRs at Fidelity also seem to be fairly knowledgable, offer low pressure advice, and do minimal selling.