Sharpe says...

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
Interesting interview with Wm Sharpe...many of our boomer buddies have not been doing their part in personal savings/investing and we may be having to pick up the tab in the future for their inattention to this crucial bit of personal responsibility.

Everyone who looks at the financial situation of the entitlement programs in this country realizes that somebody is going to have to put more money into this system or somebody is going to have to get less money out of the system.
You start with the publicly financed part of your lifestyle in retirement, and then you have to look at what you have to provide to complement that to provide for a sensible lifestyle after you retire. If people continue to put aside as little in their individual savings and in their 401(k) plans as they are now doing, then you come to the conclusion that they're either going to have a miserable retirement or they're going to work a lot longer than previous generations worked—or they're going to have to figure out a way to die sooner.
Straight From The Source: William F. Sharpe - Features

Back
Top Bottom