Sky is falling... on other message boards/comment sections

hova22

Dryer sheet aficionado
Refreshing

Ok article:
Ask the Expert - Money Magazine Is retirement saving a fool’s bet? «

However, what I found much more interesting are the reader comments at the bottom. Lots of "buy gold", "wall street is feeding off of continuous 401k investments", "invest only in energies/commodities i.e. what's doing well"...

Many posts which make me thankful for the knowledge of this forum. In the mess of the onslaught of how times are different is a refreshing post from Marty in Naperville, IL. (If you'd like to skip right to it, his post was on July 15th at 10:51am.) We need to invite him to the forum here!

"By the way, after 25 years of dollar cost averaging, I am right on target to retire sometime between 60 and 62. Carry on!"

Last edited:
Well, that was a very depressing read (I am talking about people's vision of the future in the comment section).

Love reading the comments, my favorite one was the one that complained about how the guy said the S&P500 is up 2.9% over the time, but at some points you made 9.5%, that is so dumb all that matters is how much it is over the entire time.

He kind of forgot to realize that he DCA'd / invested over the whole time, so the first deposit he put in earned 2.9%m etc., etc., so his entire return on investment is a good bit higher than that considering all the purchasing during the 2001-2003 timeframe.

Back
Top Bottom