So close....

RenoJay

Full time employment: Posting here.
For years I've been thinking about early retirement, while continuing to w*rk a very cushy, from-home, only-a-few-hours-a-week, high-paying j*b in sales. I have plenty of freedom and make a good living, so I've stuck with it for nearly a decade. In recent months, I've found myself daydreaming more and more about just pulling the plug. The w*rk itself is fine, but I'm curious what it would be like literally to not have to think about it at all. It's not necessarily that the b.s. bucket has filled up more; it's more like the bucket has shrunk so the minimal amount of b.s. in it now fills it to the rim.

Anyway, I don't have any particular point here....just thought this would be the right place to share the feeling of anticipation as I think about that final discussion.

If you don't have other things, like long-term travel, to do, and if you also like money, why not keep working.
I'm also in a similar situation, lots of free time, work is not demanding, but I may like not working more.

If your signature line is true and you still have something of that 8-figures, then you need to work on the Meaning of Life and not on your job.

For years I've been thinking about early retirement, while continuing to w*rk a very cushy, from-home, only-a-few-hours-a-week,

A few hours per week and from home to boot? That's a lot like being retired. Many retirees have side gigs that they spend more time doing than that.

A few hours per week and from home to boot? That's a lot like being retired. Many retirees have side gigs that they spend more time doing than that.

Yep, his full-time job is the equivalent of a retiree managing their real-estate rentals...why not keep that going while doing whatever else the OP wants the rest of the time?

And it's bad, bad, Reno Jay. Baddest man in the USA

For years I've been thinking about early retirement, while continuing to w*rk a very cushy, from-home, only-a-few-hours-a-week, high-paying j*b in sales. I have plenty of freedom and make a good living...

I'm not jealous at all.

To be precise, I suffer from envy, not jealousy.

Back
Top Bottom