So coupons do really add up

I never thought it was worth the bother to use coupons, but about a year ago I started doing it as a game and to send some soldier packages for the holidays. I am amazed at how much I've saved.

Well, this week I got the following items free:

2 boxes Ronzoni pasta - using an IP (internet printable) coupon which doubled at my grocery store

$45 in free groceries from ShopRite - on a previous promotion, if you bought $20 worth of certain items, you got four $5 coupons to spend in each of the next four weeks. I did various deals nine times. These were things I needed. One deal was on Pompeiian olive oil and vinegars. Another was on HBA products including Pantene shampoo. Yet another was on Bounty paper towels and napkins, which I did 3 times. Now, the prices paid on some these items were slightly high, but they yielded 100% back, plus I used several coupons. For example, on the Bounty paper towels, they were on sale for $4.99 for an 8-pack of Basic, but the usual shelf price was something like $6.99. The $20 purchase was programmed off of the usual shelf price. So, I purchased 3 8-packs of paper towels, shelf price $20.97, but paid $14.97 less $3.00 in coupons, so OOP (out of pocket) was $11.97. Then, I received four $5 coupons for each of the next 4 weeks. So, for $11.97, I will receive three 8-packs of paper towels plus $20 in groceries of my choice (one stipulation is $10 is for batteries, toys or appliances so I last week I got some 9V batteries which happened to be 1/2 off to replace in our smoke detectors)

$5 free items at Hallmark Gold Crown store - used coupon found in Oprah magazine, bought 2 packages of tissue paper, paid only $0.33 tax

2 packs of 20 Duracell AA batteries - at Staples, 100% of the amount paid will be refunded in the form of a reward to use for future Staples purchases, I use the rewards checks to buy HP ink for my printer which I will need to buy anyway

In the last couple of months, here are just a few of the deals I've gotten:
free - 12 Muir Glen canned tomatoes and sauce
free - 24 Del Monte canned tomatoes
free - 24 Hefty trash bags (donated to food pantry)
free - 12 Apple and Eve juice (donated to church)
free - 20 Stove Top stuffing (donated to food pantry for Thanksgiving)
free - 4 Scrubbing Bubbles foaming cleaner
free - 4 Butterball turkey bacon
free - 2 pouches Bumblebee tuna
free - 8-pack Scott and Charmin toilet paper (using $5 off $25 Rite Aid coupon plus other items with 100% rebate)
49 cents - Lysol cleaning products, toilet bowl gel, spray cleaner (donated to women's shelter)
49 cents - 12 Ajax laundry detergent (donated to food pantry)
49 cents - 16 Chock Full O Nuts coffee (donated to food pantry)
49 cents - 4 Fantastic spray cleaner
$1 or less for cereal (kids like Cheerios, Multigrain Cheerios, Cinnamon Toast Crunch)

Back
Top Bottom