social security pension

miguelmartino

Dryer sheet wannabe
if someone worked for approximately 50 years and made about 50k per year each and every single year, how big would their social security pension be if they started working at 20 and retired at 70? each year when they began working they made about 50k per year working as a bricklayer. when they retired at 70, what would be their monthly pension from social security:confused:? they never married or had kids. what might be an approximate figure here:confused:? can someone please help me. how could we determine this? im all ears you guys. anyone willing to help me here. rsvp.

Social Security is not a "pension". I assume you meant "benefit"?

Are you the bricklayer in your questions? Or are you trying to find out about someone else?

for someone else who has like 10 more years to go. why? could approximate figures be determined?

You can go to ssa.gov and once you sign up for an account you will be able to see the social security benefit based on the income.

If they made about 50k/year starting in 1970 and NEVER got a raise and worked through age 70, they would get about $2700/mo I would estimate off the top of my head. Of course, that scenario is practically impossible as that would mean they were some kind of super paid bricklayer in 1970, and the lowest paid bricklayer in america by 2029. If you meant they made the equal of 50k/yr today their whole life, which is still low for a mason, it would be less and requires a lot more work using the calculation mentioned above. Definitely over $2000/mo, though.

In most other countries, the equal of our SS is usually called a government pension.

Back
Top Bottom