Social Security retirement benefit check arrival date

PERSonalTime

Recycles dryer sheets
Has anyone ever heard of a situation where a recipient would receive their Social Security benefit retirement check on a Friday instead of the normal Wednesday delivery date? Someone I know has their retirement check deposited at a credit union and said that the credit union statement indicated that the deposit was made on a Friday.

Was it late by 2 days, or early by 6 days ?

Now it seems like the friend said the deposit WAS deposited on Wednesday, but the credit didn’t, for some reason, reflect on their bank statement until Friday. Thanks for your help.

I have a similar situation with my bank. The deposit is made on Wed and shows as if there but doesn't say available until Fri. I can still write checks against it but if I were to go to the bank and withdraw all of the SS amount the bank would refuse. I have the same thing happen with another monthly VA check.

I have a similar situation with my bank. The deposit is made on Wed and shows as if there but doesn't say available until Fri. I can still write checks against it but if I were to go to the bank and withdraw all of the SS amount the bank would refuse. I have the same thing happen with another monthly VA check.

Wow! That’s really a raw deal!

Maybe the bank is worried the gov't payment will bounce ;)

Wow, that is crazy. The bank where DW has her SS deposited makes it available right away. I would like like it if they did not.

USAA bank appears to credit my account a day or two early. Both SS and military retirement. I suspect the federal electronic transfers go out to the direct deposit accounts the day before?

Last edited:
Both of our credit unions post our SS checks on Tuesday, even though they don't officially come until Wednesday. Two different CUs, two different weeks for the SS deposit.

Back
Top Bottom