Some Fidelity Index Funds Didn't Make Distributions by June 10th

scrabbler1

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Does anyone here have any idea as to why Fidelity didn't make some of their usual June distributions by June 10th?

Two of them, FLCOX and FSMDX, which have always made dividend (and sometimes, cap gain) distributions no later than June 10th, simply didn't make any distributions whatsoever. In an online chat with a Fido rep yesterday, he had no idea, either, after consulting with his manager. Even if the fund managers decided to change their distribution schedule, they do have let everyone know in advance.

Odd. I own FAGIX (not an index fund) and they made a distribution on June 10. None of my other Fidelity funds have.

I noticed that some of the index funds ex-Div date was pushed forward to 6/24. You can find this info in Fidelity Funds estimated cap gain distributions page. This page does not include dividend distributions.

Here: https://www.fidelity.com/mutual-funds/information/distributions#/?table=estimated

I have that page bookmarked (the YTD Distributions tab) but never thought to look at the CG tab because those index funds don't always pay CG on their distribution dates. Yeah, it looks like they just postponed the distribution date to 6/24. Thanks.

My Fidelity index funds often do pay a cap gains distribution, it’s just quite small.

The funds paid their dividends on June 24th. And to show how unpredictable these things can be, another fund which paid a quarterly dividend in early July paid its dividend a week earlier than usual. The last time the calendar fell this way midyear was in 2016, and it paid its July dividend on July 8th back then. This time, it paid its July dividend yesterday, July 1st.

Back
Top Bottom