Someone please bump the dollar (or cap the Euro)!

Some B&Bs don't have their own website. I've booked some bargains through the different hotel websites. They were priced in dollars. The question I have is how often do they update their price. The bargain status would disappear if they euro priced places remained the same.

I'm in the process of booking some places in France. What used to be expensive in my old mindset is now suddenly cheap. I'm still trying to drag DW to Spain/Portugal.

A lot of Europe B&Bs require cash. One I deal with in Amsterdam requires a deposit via PayPal and that is billed in Euros, although PayPal will try to convert it for you. I dealt with an Austrian B&B Inn that sent you to booking.com to do their reservation, but they charged my credit card upon arrival in Euros.

I've never reserved or pre-paid a hotel room in US dollars. If you see prices displayed in dollars look for a currency symbol and change it to the local currency.

Every hotel booking website I've ever seen lets you change the prices displayed to local currency.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom