Speaking of credit card rebates...

I use the REI Visa which gives 1% back on everything. The reason I like it is that the program is stable... I've been getting the 1% back for a few years now. Most of the cards that give more than 1% will only do so for a few months or maybe a year, so you have to keep changing cards all the time.

I use the REI Visa which gives 1% back on everything. The reason I like it is that the program is stable... I've been getting the 1% back for a few years now. Most of the cards that give more than 1% will only do so for a few months or maybe a year, so you have to keep changing cards all the time.

Actually not true anymore.... most are steady 1% as that seems to be the 'floor' now..

One of mine that I use is great in that you get the 1% back on your next bill so you do not have anything to redeem.. but, I don't think they offer it anymore either..

Have not seen anything on that holding off till $200.. is it on the site somewhere or did someone just come upon it one day? (ie are you guaranteed the $250:confused:)

They definitely don't go out of their way to publicize it. Here's the link:

Rewards Details Cash Back Redemption | Chase Freedom Credit Card, Rewards Credit Card or Cash back Credit Card, VISA, Visa Credit card, Chase Freedom Visa

Look at the text next to the pile of money. I'm almost at $200 so I'll see how it goes, but it definitely looks like it's "guaranteed".

WOW... looks good to me... and a $50 sign on bonus... signing up now :D

TP, if you haven't signed up already, call them up and ask for the $100 bonus. I *think* the signup code is on fatwallet, but if not, when you call to sign up ask for the $100 bonus and they'll probably give it to you.

We use the Chase 5% for gas, groceries, and pharmacy - haven't heard anything about being converted as of yet.

Also use the Discover 'open road' card. Standard 1% on everything, plus 5% on gas & auto repair type purchases.

Actually you can. I do it. You have to print out some form and write in by hand. Somebody gave the particulars here early this year. Search, or call them.

Thus my use of the word "easily". I had the instructions and then just bagged it...too lazy.

2Cor521

Back
Top Bottom