Spousal service fee arrangements

Buddha44

Dryer sheet aficionado
Apparently, one way to "save" is for one spouse to charge the other spouse for certain services :). This can range from making a lunch box to other, more amorous, benefits. Note that it appears most couples are treating this as a game, and not to extract compensation.

Thanks, honey -- put it on my AMEX card › Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion

And, yes, please take this with a grain of salt, as I've not heard any of my friends or colleagues practicing this and I think the author is taking it somewhat in jest. Although if I did something stupid, I do self penalize and take my girlfriend out to dinner.

This seems like a tricky path. :)

Ha

A variation on this theme, with a for-profit twist, is the scam by which one "disabled" spouse (or live-in) is paid by the government to care for the other. I am personally aware of one case in which two roommates, both of whom were drawing disability, were each getting a check from the public mental health system for being "caretaker" of the other. Apparently the .gov knew about this arrangement and thought it was just fine and dandy.

Isn't this how "trophy wife" is defined? :cool:

I don't want to think about the result if I offered to pay her....

Can you imagine what the spreadsheet would look like after about 20 years?...and you know that someone would be doing a cost-analysis on this kind of agreement. Would it hold up in divorce court? Many unanswered Qs here....

More important, the sessions have fostered “skinship” between partners, who look forward to a spirited conversation while she provides him with a skilled clipping.

Oh, so that's what "skinship" means. Whoda thunk it? :blink:

I just hope that none of you guys is harboring any illusions of getting paid for your stud service.

Can you declare bankruptcy and have your "debts and obligations" declared null and void?

Back
Top Bottom