SSA New benefit Amount Notification

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
I received my new notification of the 2018 2% increase, but DW has yet to hear from SSA. Has anyone else not received their 2018 SSA/MC notification?

I'm thinking that they are spacing out the mail notifications and she has just not received it yet in the mail.

I received mine. The Medicare premium ate up the increase so the amount stayed the same.

I do not recall seeing anything (although I live overseas)but I am pretty sure this months payment was higher by maybe $20 or $30 bucks.

I received my new notification of the 2018 2% increase, but DW has yet to hear from SSA. Has anyone else not received their 2018 SSA/MC notification?

I'm thinking that they are spacing out the mail notifications and she has just not received it yet in the mail.
DM got hers, dated 11/22. DW got her Medicare cost notice, same date.

You can sign in to your account at https://secure.ssa.gov and see the new benefit amount and Medicare deduction. I just did that this morning.
Click on Get a Benefit Verification Letter to see the unrounded 2018 numbers for the SSI benefit and the Medicare deduction. Remember to round down to the nearest whole dollar amount to see what you will actually receive.

It worked for me, thank you.

I received mine first and DH received his 2 days after I received mine.

Not here either. I did get notice of a COLA increase in the pension but that is more than eaten by the rise in health insurance, and I expect the same with SS and Medicare.

DH got his a few days ago. He gets his SS payment third week of the month. I have not got mine yet (I get SS but not on Medicare yet). I get my SS payment 4th week of month so I wonder if timing is tied to when you get payments?

DH got his a few days ago. He gets his SS payment third week of the month. I have not got mine yet (I get SS but not on Medicare yet). I get my SS payment 4th week of month so I wonder if timing is tied to when you get payments?

I don't think so. DW's SS deposit is a week later than mine and she got hers first.

Hopefully you meant "bated breath".
Cause the alternative is kinda nasty.

:LOL:

You never know ...

bait_shop_sushi_bar.jpg

DH received his a good month ago, mine the other day. We both get out checks deposited the same Weds.

We both got ours Monday.

Mine was exactly 2%, my wife's was 2.03%.

Our net wasn't that consistent because we are in different Medicare positions.

When I get mine I'm just gonna run it through the shredder w/o opening - :)

I haven't received anything in the mail, which I blame partially on our (uh, shall we say?) less than optimal local mail service, and partially on the seasonal deluge of mail that they have to deliver.

However, it doesn't matter. I got mine by logging in on the social security website as braumeister suggested above.

I had already figured it out myself, and it is exactly the same as what I had figured (always a calming observation :LOL: ). Even better, my calculations said I would be paid $*.91 and they were nice enough to round UP, instead of down, to the nearest dollar. I assumed they would round up instead of down, but wasn't quite certain about their customary methods. So, I got my extra 9 cents/month as in my calculations. See, these things are important. No, really. ;)

Yippee!! I will be getting $77/month more, which is more than 2% since my Medicare Part B went back down to the lowest amount also. Amazon, look out! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom