State Taxation on Pensions and S.S.

I believe that I just read that Wisconsin is going to join the vast majority of states that don't pay state tax on SS. I could be wrong though.

intersting table

I wonder if there is any information on whether the northern tier states have been successful in retain residents who would otherwise move to low tax states by exempting social security/private pension from state taxation?

Anyone know?

Uncledrz

I dont know. I do know that the upper midwest states tend to have more services (state parks/land, lake and stream management, etc. that would be even more important to a retired person, I think). I know that I might look at a tri-state area to make decisions on retirement, but it seems somewhat difficult to make a firm difference since you have to look at total fees and taxes vs. what you get. I actually woulndt want to uproot and move.

maddythebeagle said:
I dont know. I do know that the upper midwest states tend to have more services (state parks/land, lake and stream management, etc. that would be even more important to a retired person, I think). I know that I might look at a tri-state area to make decisions on retirement, but it seems somewhat difficult to make a firm difference since you have to look at total fees and taxes vs. what you get. I actually woulndt want to uproot and move.

I certainly have totally agree with that statement!

Back
Top Bottom