Step Up Basis (Real Estate) Question

It seems that even you contradicts yourself in post #13 in this thread. Which is which? In one post you wrote OP gets 100%, in another post you wrote it only half receives the step up.

I don't see the conflict. In the OP's example of unmarried people there is 100% step up. If a married couple it is 50% step up.
Gill

I don't see the conflict. In the OP's example of unmarried people there is 100% step up. If a married couple it is 50% step up.
Gill
That's what I wrote and you said it doesn't support my proposition.
I'm reading my post carefully and I see where I made the mistake. I wrote it late. I meant, non supporting, non spousal type as OP.

Last edited:
Very Useful

No doubt. I have several attorneys that I could pose this question to but sometimes I think a subject *might* be useful to other users, so I will post the question here to see what others think. Also, I am about to start the 3rd year of law school, so I am my worst own enemy when it comes to stuff like this. :D

This was very useful to me, saving me a lot of digging since I just discovered that I am a non contributing non spouse on a home title.

Back
Top Bottom