Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-26-2021, 06:30 PM   #181
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
I don't think I'm getting a stimulus deposit this time. My AGI was too high.

Oh well! Having a higher income is not a bad thing when you think about it.
Not a word from our dear Uncle Sam about it. I mean, I know that my 2020 AGI was bigger than what they say is the max for getting a stimulus payment. But I thought they'd send me something saying, "You be out o' luck, y'old hag, so go eat dirt" or something like that. Nope. Not a word.

Oh well, I just thought that was interesting. I don't need it.
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2021, 06:40 PM   #182
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Not a word from our dear Uncle Sam about it. I mean, I know that my 2020 AGI was bigger than what they say is the max for getting a stimulus payment. But I thought they'd send me something saying, "You be out o' luck, y'old hag, so go eat dirt" or something like that. Nope. Not a word.
Right. The law make the IRS send you a notice if they did pay you, but it's crickets if they don't.

If you want to have them tell you to go eat dirt, you can go to the IRS "Where's my payment?" tool and they'll tell you. But they say something cryptic like "We do not have information to confirm your payment" or something.

PS - You're not a hag.
"At times the world can seem an unfriendly and sinister place, but believe us when we say there is much more good in it than bad. All you have to do is look hard enough, and what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events, may in fact be the first steps of a journey." Violet Baudelaire.
SecondCor521 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 06:44 PM   #183
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

Oh well, I just thought that was interesting. I don't need it.
You don't have to eat dirt either, you have enough money to buy real food...
ivinsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 11:09 PM   #184
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondCor521 View Post
Right. The law make the IRS send you a notice if they did pay you, but it's crickets if they don't.

If you want to have them tell you to go eat dirt, you can go to the IRS "Where's my payment?" tool and they'll tell you. But they say something cryptic like "We do not have information to confirm your payment" or something.
That's SO governmental! That's probably exactly what they say.
Quote:
PS - You're not a hag.
Wow, thanks!!! You made my day.
Old 03-26-2021, 11:11 PM   #185
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivinsfan View Post
You don't have to eat dirt either, you have enough money to buy real food...
Well yeah - - I don't have to eat dirt and don't really NEED the stimulus. I already can afford to eat more food than I ought to be eating. (burp!) And the government can't afford to pay me stimulus money just so I can be "in" with the cool kids.
Old 03-26-2021, 11:19 PM   #186
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
That's SO governmental! That's probably exactly what they say.

Wow, thanks!!! You made my day.
You're quite welcome. And it's true. If you don't believe me, just ask F.
"At times the world can seem an unfriendly and sinister place, but believe us when we say there is much more good in it than bad. All you have to do is look hard enough, and what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events, may in fact be the first steps of a journey." Violet Baudelaire.
SecondCor521 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 12:02 AM   #187
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
You're quite welcome. And it's true. If you don't believe me, just ask F.
Old 03-28-2021, 05:36 AM   #188
Full time employment: Posting here.

I just checked and it states that my payment will be mailed to me on April 2. That is strange since the first two were direct deposits into my checking account. Now I wonder if this will be an actual check or a debit card.
Old 03-28-2021, 08:00 AM   #189
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom52 View Post
I just checked and it states that my payment will be mailed to me on April 2. That is strange since the first two were direct deposits into my checking account. Now I wonder if this will be an actual check or a debit card.
I am the same except the IRS site says mine was to be mailed March 26. I wonder if anyone here has gotten a check or debit card yet for this 3rd payment? I don't need the $$ myself but I know someone in dire need that I want to use the stimulus money to help.
harllee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 08:20 AM   #190

I just checked the IRS website, and my status for refund for 2020 tax year is 'not enough information' and my status for the third stimulus is 'payment status not available'. Still. The only good news is that the first screen on 'wheres my refund' now acknowledges that many users are getting the 'not enough infornation' message, and that they are working on it. So it's business as usual, I guess, lol.
John Galt III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 03:21 PM   #191

DH and I received our 3rd stimulus as a check in the mail today. I thought it was unusual that we got both of our payments in one check made out to the 2 of us rather than separate checks to each of us. Also unusual is that we got the first 2 checks as direct deposits and got this one in the mail. We don't need it but we know someone in dire financial need and we are going to use our stimulus money to help that person.
harllee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 04:04 PM   #192
Recycles dryer sheets

Send a message via Yahoo to lem1955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miarocks View Post
We won’t get one this time. Shoulda waited to file 2020 taxes, dang it!
We qualified and received the other two payments, but likely not #3 due to a Roth conversion last year moving our income above the threshold.

Be aware, AFAIK, the ‘phaseout’ range is much smaller with this 3rd one. MFJ phaseout from $150-160k, hard line cut off ($0 payment) over $160k.

We could probably get the payment with next year’s return if we choose not to convert again this year. But I think the benefits of Roth conversion (at current historically low tax rates) will far outweigh the benefit of EIP #3.
That's odd. I filed using Turbo Tax this year on 3/15. I received $14.95 from stimulus 1, $0 for stimulus 2, and $2,043 MFJ w/AGI of $165,416. I wonder if TT messed up or your info is wrong? I haven't actually received the refund yet, just filed the return. My 2018 and 2019 AGI were higher than 2020.
Old 04-06-2021, 11:33 AM   #193

Just noticed I got an Electronic Funds Transfer into my savings April 2 for the $1,400. I had received a paper check for the $1,200 stimulus. Never got the $600 (second stim). Requested the $600 as refund on 2020 taxes. Last time I checked, it was 'status not available' on that.
John Galt III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 02:45 PM   #194
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt III View Post
Just noticed I got an Electronic Funds Transfer into my savings April 2 for the $1,400. I had received a paper check for the $1,200 stimulus. Never got the $600 (second stim). Requested the $600 as refund on 2020 taxes. Last time I checked, it was 'status not available' on that.
Heh, heh, just occurred to me: IF they can put it in electronically - can they take it out some day? Just a thought.

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 04:35 PM   #195

Our Stimmy is scheduled for EFT tomorrow. We qualify based on our 2020 return because we did not take RMD's last year. We filed our 2020 return on 3/12-accepted the same day. The return was approved on 3/27 with our refund EFT'd on 3/31. The Get My Payment tool showed our stimulus payment on 4/2 with the deposit date of tomorrow. Pretty slick. Now our obligation is to spend it. We'll start on Thursday, eating out(dine in) with friends for the first time since 2/20.
Old 04-08-2021, 07:55 AM   #196
Administrator

I got $1400 yesterday, probably because I am receiving social security. The young wife has not yet received hers, probably because they have not yet processed our 2020 tax return.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:54 AM   #197
Recycles dryer sheets

I made too much money in 2019 for the IRS to determine that I qualified for stimulus payments in 2020. However, my 2020 income was well below the threshold and I received $1800 in stimulus credits on my 2020 taxes when I filed them in March. The tax refund hit my direct deposit account on April 7th. Today, April 10th, I checked the "Where is my payment" option to see if by chance having filed/processed a 2020 return might trigger the stimulus #3 payment at this late date. Sure enough, I now see a stimulus payment is set to be deposited to my account on April 14th. Nice! That will catch me up on all the stimulus payments to date. I'm glad I won't have to deal with this at tax time next year.
PaunchyPirate is online now   Reply With Quote