Stimulus 3 deposit already!

Well we got our check today unfortunately it is $1400
To much. I wonder how
Painful the process is going to be to get it back to them?

Why do you think it is too much?

Also, there is no claw back process. You can keep the money. If you feel morally obligated, just make a payment on the national debt.

3/17, we're gonna be rich! :confused:

And the country goes further in debt.

3/17, we're gonna be rich! :confused:

And the country goes further in debt.

At this point I don't think it matters much lol. Just think of the USA debt as bitcoin, it doesn't have to make sense, just get more of it!

Ours also shows the 17th and we leave Sunday for an extended camping trip thru Ga.Ala,& Fla. Back home on 4/4 for 2 weeks then we planning to head for Texas to see Bluebelles, visit some old friends & just enjoy blowing some dough! Haven't made up our mind about the Grand Canyon yet. Whether to go ahead and do it then or wait until fall.

I got mine but is going back to pay for federal taxes. Basically doing a I am here and going back trip.

Just checked the Get My Payment IRS site and it says "Payment Status Not Available". We got the first 2 stimulus payments deposited to our checking account and we qualify for this one too. Anyone else getting "Payment Status Not Available" on the IRS site?

Just checked the Get My Payment IRS site and it says "Payment Status Not Available". We got the first 2 stimulus payments deposited to our checking account and we qualify for this one too. Anyone else getting "Payment Status Not Available" on the IRS site?

<Hand goes up..>

First stim payment came via direct deposit, second as a check in the mail. This one appears to be stuck in neverland.

I’m not sure but the last time the IRS website seemed to be a bit finicky. Difference in the way the address was entered, abbreviated words and periods for example.

It took me several tries. When I finally got the right combination, it had our information after all.

Good luck!
Murf

I get the same message. Maybe I will try some variations of our address as has been suggested.

I was supposed to get my check on March 17 also, but it landed in my checking account on the 15th (pending) and today was available.

My son got the Payment status not available the same day he got his money in his checking account.

Their website is not necessarily accurate....

Why do you think it is too much?

Also, there is no claw back process. You can keep the money. If you feel morally obligated, just make a payment on the national debt.

Included extra dependant that filed for himself first time in 2020 as he is now a college grad and supporting himself.

I’m not sure but the last time the IRS website seemed to be a bit finicky. Difference in the way the address was entered, abbreviated words and periods for example.

It took me several tries. When I finally got the right combination, it had our information after all.

Good luck!
Murf

Good idea--I tried several different address variations and now I am locked out for 24 hours. Oh well, don't need the money anyway but I was going to give it to some worthy charities.

Included extra dependant that filed for himself first time in 2020 as he is now a college grad and supporting himself.

That's what the Congress decided is a corner case, so it's not technically extra - the law states that they (generally) pay out to you based on your latest return, which included that dependent.

Especially with college kids and the multiple eligibility points and tax years, there are going to be thousands of people who will get to or end up double dipping in that way. Conceptually it's no different than people getting more based on changing income from year to year.

I don't think I'm getting a stimulus deposit this time. My AGI was too high. :'(

Oh well! Having a higher income is not a bad thing when you think about it.

Yep. Thanks to my old buddies old Pals at the IRS and my old age aka RMD.

Heh heh heh - no complaints just some creative whining - shoulda spent more younger but my crystal ball was not functioning properly. :rolleyes: ;)

Reactions: W2R
That's what the Congress decided is a corner case, so it's not technically extra - the law states that they (generally) pay out to you based on your latest return, which included that dependent.

Especially with college kids and the multiple eligibility points and tax years, there are going to be thousands of people who will get to or end up double dipping in that way. Conceptually it's no different than people getting more based on changing income from year to year.

Any idea where I can find specific text in the Bill about this issue?

Just checked the "Get my payment" tool, and it informs me that I'm scheduled for direct deposit of my EIP3 on 3/17, and it gives me the last four of the bank account that received the direct deposit of my 2019 federal income tax refund. Works for me.

Same here. Will probably go to pay the CPA for doing the return. In part, because of all the real estate schedules...

Yep, I got the "payment status not available" for this third stimulus check, and got the same notice for the second check, back in January. Never got that one, and I don't expect to get the third one either. Going to just claim the rebate for both when I file my taxes in a couple weeks. I did receive the first stimulus check via direct deposit, with no issues.

Good luck!
Murf

Doesn't work for me. Tried several different variations on my address, but still get the same result - "payment status not available".

The IRS does not have DD authority so they will send a check/credit card. We received a notification from them yesterday that it was on the way. It was indeed significantly reduced from last time, and we have not filed 2020 yet so it is just the faster phasing out.
"We received a notification", how did thay contact you? TIA

"We received a notification", how did thay contact you? TIA

What's confusing is that the printed *notices* about the *second* stimulus payment (usually for $600 per individual / $1200 per couple) are starting to arrive in the mail now, even as the *actual deposits* for the *third* stimulus payment are happening.

Payments are processed first, then notices are sent out later.

If you look at the mailed notice and it's a 1444-B, then it has to do with the second stimulus payment. Eventually, weeks from now, people will probably get a 1444-C, which is what they'll likely call the notice for the third payment.

My guess is that the previous poster got a mailed 1444-B.

Danged if it didn't show up exactly when they said. There's hope for the IRS yet. Time to file taxes and get the other $5k...and then off to vaca!

Back
Top Bottom