Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-20-2021, 05:51 PM   #161
Moderator Emeritus

Status says ours will be mailed on the 26th. Last two were direct deposited. Strange.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2021, 06:03 PM   #162
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

DGF getting her stimulus on 3/24 with a direct deposit. Last time was a check. No logic.
Old 03-20-2021, 08:27 PM   #163

Mine says to be mailed 3/26. I've never given them my bank info... just never seemed like a good idea. Always got checks, so I hope that trend continues (the plastic would require converting to currency and an ATM cash deposit, which is more trouble than taking a picture of the check with my phone).
sengsational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 09:55 PM   #164
Recycles dryer sheets

Stim 3 Direct deposit on the 17th. Stim 1 was also direct deposit , but stim 2 was a check in the mail. Maybe because I owed the IRS that tax year?? Just guessing.
SloHan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 08:09 AM   #165
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I got my first 2 stimulus payments by deposit and now the IRS site for some reason says I will get my next payment in the "mail" which with all the USPS problems I have been having means I may never get it...screwy. I have a special checking account that I set up to use for deposits where you have to enter checking info online--like PayPal, Stubhub, SS etc and that is what I used for the first 2 stimulus deposits. Oh well I don't need the money but I know some who definitely does need it and that is where it is going, when and if I get it.
harllee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 08:57 AM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by harllee View Post
I have a special checking account that I set up to use for deposits where you have to enter checking info online--like PayPal, Stubhub, SS etc and that is what I used for the first 2 stimulus deposits.
I need to set up one of those. I wonder if the linked entity attempted to reverse a transaction where you'd already removed that money, if your bank would charge a nfs type fee.
sengsational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 09:03 AM   #167
Recycles dryer sheets

We will be getting ours mailed on the 26th as well. First stimulus check was redirected to the account of the hackers who stole our 2019 refund. After much intervention we were issued a replacement check in October. We did not receive the second stimulus and claimed it on our recently filed taxes.
orchid55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 09:35 AM   #168

Seems like the IRS has added some software that decides that certain digital accounts receiving the money have an above average risk of being hacked? And then they mail it to a known address instead? Just a guess.
John Galt III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 10:47 AM   #169
Recycles dryer sheets

The IRS could be doing that with some digital accounts. Our 2019 hacking problem included the hackers changing our preferred method for the refund (check) to a digital account belonging to the hackers. The IRS then deposited the first stimulus payment into the hacker's account as well. We could not do anything to stop the stimulus payment being re-directed as the IRS was on their COVID vacation.
orchid55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 01:33 PM   #170
Recycles dryer sheets

Got tax refund by direct deposit about 5 days ago, but no stim check yet.
Oldmike
mf15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 04:01 PM   #171
Give me a forum ...

IRS site is showing a direct deposit is scheduled for 3/24. Payment 1 & 2 were also direct deposit. 2020 Taxes were filed on 3/03 and got refund on 3/16. Seems like things have been pretty smooth for us in regards to the IRS.
Old 03-22-2021, 02:11 PM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2 View Post
If I were you I would take any evidence I have and report that to the bank. If it turns out to be a good bank account number and the check is deposited, you may be in for a long time trying to correct that. I'm curious how a direct deposit is Identified when it gets to the bank. Even if it has a name, it may be the computer only looks at the number.

Thanks - I did call my bank this morning, and told them about the wrong account number on the stimulus direct deposit that was supposed to go to my account. Someone in their ACH dept. was able to track down the pending payment, and redirect it to my account. Yay!! I fully expected to be told there was nothing they could do about this, but to my surprise, they were able to fix it! Nice when something like this happens..........
RAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 07:31 AM   #173
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt III View Post
Got my hopes up. Checked irs.gov/getmypayment today. Still 'status unavailable'. Wahhhh!!
Ours too. We received 1st and 2nd stimulus checks without any delays. We did file our 2020 taxes in feb and received our refund without issues, so I know we're on file. Guess we just have to keep waiting.
ponyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 09:32 AM   #174
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExFlyBoy5 View Post
IRS site is showing a direct deposit is scheduled for 3/24. Payment 1 & 2 were also direct deposit. 2020 Taxes were filed on 3/03 and got refund on 3/16. Seems like things have been pretty smooth for us in regards to the IRS.
Follow up: The website showed the 24th, but it hit our account last night (23rd).
Old 03-23-2021, 10:05 AM   #175
Dryer sheet aficionado

Received all 3 stimulus checks by direct deposit

2020 #1 in April from IRS shown as Federal Tax Refund
2020 #2 in Jan 2021 from SSA shown as Federal Benefit Credit (not collecting social security payments)

2021 #3 in March 2021 from IRS shown as Federal Tax Refund

Odd #2 is from SSA
bks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 11:53 PM   #176
Give me a forum ...

Ours hit within the last week. Asked about our checking balance today (while depositing a check) and both stimulus deposits were in there. Money moving at the speed of light. Amazing.

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 03:56 AM   #177
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolau View Post
Money moving at the speed of light. Amazing.
mine is stuck in a black hole somewhere, status say I'm getting one, no date yet.
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 08:51 AM   #178
Give me a forum ...

Alas, the payments of the borrowed money to fund these checks and other stimulus will happen not at the speed of light but over decades. I wont have to pay back much of it. That job will be up to my kid and my grand-kids. Lucky them.

Self proclaimed President for Life of Outliers United.
Chuckanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 02:39 PM   #179
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckanut View Post
Alas, the payments of the borrowed money to fund these checks and other stimulus will happen not at the speed of light but over decades. I wont have to pay back much of it. That job will be up to my kid and my grand-kids. Lucky them.
That could depend on what happens to tax law on estates. YOU may not pay it back, but perhaps your estate will. Just a thought - unpleasant thought at that, so YMMV.

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 06:03 PM   #180
Give me a forum ...

This is wierd, always pay IRA with paper checks.

First two payments came as paper checks.

Third payment hit my bank account the same day as our SS checks. Apparently there is no one size fits all.
ivinsfan is online now   Reply With Quote