Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-13-2021, 02:07 PM   #201
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

For those that got the card instead of the check, what is the easiest way to turn it into cash in my bank account?
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2021, 02:22 PM   #202
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelover View Post
For those that got the card instead of the check, what is the easiest way to turn it into cash in my bank account?
I got a check for the first payment, but for some reason got the card for this one. You have to activate it via phone first. Then you have to go to the website eipcard.com go through all the registration BS, username, password, security questions, text messages with security codes, emails with security codes, etc.

All told, it took me @ least 1/2 hour. If I could meet whoever was responsible for this asinine idea, I would, as Robin Williams said to Matt Damon in good will hunting, END YOU!
Old 01-14-2021, 12:47 PM   #203

No check yet, supposedly sent on the 6th.
jim584672 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 03:37 PM   #204
Recycles dryer sheets

Not sure if this is the right group, but if you don't actually need it, donate to your local food shelf to help more people that are struggling. Pay it forward.
Idnar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 04:19 PM   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim584672 View Post
Same here. No check yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idnar7 View Post
Not sure if this is the right group, but if you don't actually need it, donate to your local food shelf to help more people that are struggling. Pay it forward.
Already donated 3/4 of it to an animal shelter. I am sure more than the rest will go other charities.
Old 01-14-2021, 04:24 PM   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim584672 View Post

Same here

“The most important quality for an investor is temperament, not intellect.”—Warren Buffett
FREE866 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 04:29 PM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idnar7 View Post

agreed

When I read a story about a struggling family in the newspaper I reach out to them via Facebook, get their address and send them boxes of non perishable food items.
I feel like Santa Claus

“The most important quality for an investor is temperament, not intellect.”—Warren Buffett
Old 01-14-2021, 04:47 PM   #208

Another no check received here. I guess I can always get the tax credit so it doesn't really matter.
stepford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 05:48 PM   #209
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
We called to activate it, then took it to our bank, and they tok care of it and put the money in our account for us!
CindyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:03 PM   #210
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyBlue View Post
We called to activate it, then took it to our bank, and they tok care of it and put the money in our account for us!
Thanks, I was hoping to avoid a visit to the bank, but it looks like that may be the most straightforward approach..
Old 01-15-2021, 08:39 AM   #211

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpgdeg1234 View Post
Mine said scheduled to be mailed on the 6th and received check (not debit card) today. Think yours and others who had similar IRS notice is probably just a USPS mail delay and you'll likely receive it soon.
Not in today's mail. Supposed to be in the hands of the potential spender by 1/15? I guess this is a miss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathy63 View Post
Are you sure you're expecting a paper check and not an EIP debit card? I don't know if the site tells you what they sent on the 6th or just that they sent you something. If it doesn't explicitly say "check", then keep an eye out for an envelope from "Money Network Cardholder Services" as well.

The card looks like this.
I sure hope it's a check, as it gets a photo on my phone banking app, and I'm done. Although I suppose I could use the debit card for online grocery orders, I'd probably not do that because imagine the nightmare if it was compromised. Life's too short. With the seemingly higher levels of postal theft now, compared to the old days, I'm wondering if these cards are "getting lost".
sengsational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 09:46 AM   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengsational View Post
Not in today's mail. Supposed to be in the hands of the potential spender by 1/15? I guess this is a miss.

I sure hope it's a check, as it gets a photo on my phone banking app, and I'm done. Although I suppose I could use the debit card for online grocery orders, I'd probably not do that because imagine the nightmare if it was compromised. Life's too short. With the seemingly higher levels of postal theft now, compared to the old days, I'm wondering if these cards are "getting lost".
Well, if you do get the card, you can still transfer the funds to your bank account without leaving home. It takes a bit longer to go through their website, but it's not that hard. I helped my non-tech-savvy neighbor do it a few days ago. She got a check in the first round, but a card in the second round and luckily she remembered seeing the cards on the news a few months ago so she knew it was something to do with the stimulus and asked me about it.
cathy63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 12:06 PM   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathy63 View Post
Well, if you do get the card, you can still transfer the funds to your bank account without leaving home. ...
Good to know. Thanks. I'll be taking that route if I get "plastic" instead of "paper"
sengsational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 12:44 PM   #214

Got my check today!

Old 01-15-2021, 02:43 PM   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyBlue View Post
I called to activate it as well, but then I went to the website to transfer it to my bank. Major pain in the !@#

If I get another one, & it's on a card again, I'll definitely do it your way!
Old 01-15-2021, 03:15 PM   #216
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownyourfuture View Post
I called to activate it as well, but then I went to the website to transfer it to my bank. Major pain in the !@#

If I get another one, & it's on a card again, I'll definitely do it your way!
Exactly - a major pain! I started going through all the steps to do it online, too, then gave up and decided to ask at the bank, and they just took care of it - right away. Easy!
CindyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 04:52 PM   #217
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Call to activate the EIP card, then download the MoneyNetwork app for your phone. (I figured this was more secure on iOS than the website option).

Create security questions, verify your email and mobile contact info... then provide bank routing number and transfer the dough via ACH.

This took me about 15 minutes but was less than the 60 min it would take to go in to my physical bank branch and deposit the funds in the EIP debit card.

....When the funds clear I will delete the app.
ejw93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 07:46 PM   #218
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejw93 View Post
Call to activate the EIP card, then download the MoneyNetwork app for your phone. (I figured this was more secure on iOS than the website option).

Create security questions, verify your email and mobile contact info... then provide bank routing number and transfer the dough via ACH.

This took me about 15 minutes but was less than the 60 min it would take to go in to my physical bank branch and deposit the funds in the EIP debit card.

....When the funds clear I will delete the app.
Thanks, I did this today. Lotta screwing around, but beats going to the bank.
Old 01-16-2021, 12:04 PM   #219
Recycles dryer sheets

Also see the message about something being mailed on Jan 6th (but our first stimulus check in 2020 was direct deposited into our checking, and nothing had changed on our end since AFAIK). Still have not received anything (check or card) in the mail. Downside is the USPS service in our area is horrible - lost checks, getting other's mail, neighbors getting our mail/packages. Not an idea situation for relief money, for sure.
Old 01-17-2021, 09:08 AM   #220
Confused about dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKickItForward View Post
Also see the message about something being mailed on Jan 6th (but our first stimulus check in 2020 was direct deposited into our checking, and nothing had changed on our end since AFAIK). Still have not received anything (check or card) in the mail. Downside is the USPS service in our area is horrible - lost checks, getting other's mail, neighbors getting our mail/packages. Not an idea situation for relief money, for sure.
Same thing here. Received direct deposit last time. This time, website said a paper check will be mailed on January 6. Nothing has arrived yet.
CoAndy is offline   Reply With Quote