Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-02-2021, 10:53 PM   #81
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

We got it already and so did our son. Surprised.
Montecfo is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2021, 03:23 AM   #82
gone traveling

Got mine. That was fast
Nick12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 03:56 AM   #83
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

No word yet. The "Check is (probably) in the mail".

Cheers!
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 08:03 AM   #84
Recycles dryer sheets

We received stim. $ as direct deposit dated 1/4/21 We have already made donation in same amount to a local charity that pays bills/rent for those who lost wages (directly or indirectly) due to COVID. We are grateful to be healthy.
Octogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 08:26 AM   #85
Full time employment: Posting here.

Location: An island off the coast of Florida. (Ok - if you really need to know it's Vero Beach)
Have not gotten our (reduced) check yet, but will donate to the local food bank.
DW and I are 62/62. 100% equities 31 years. FIRE'd August 2019. Non-cola pension cashed out Dec 2022 before segmentation rates reduced balance - rolled to MM fund, max SS for DH and DW at FRA. Mega retiree health available. IRA rollover from 401k Jan 2020 for NUA treatment. LTCG for 3 years. Next few years will be IRA cash withdrawals or until Stock Market recovers. AA 33% stocks, 67% MM and T-Bills. Rising equity glidepath.
atmsmshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 08:39 AM   #86
Recycles dryer sheets

It hit my bank account Saturday (the 2nd).
Out_the_Door is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 09:10 AM   #87
Moderator Emeritus

My bank acct says pending Jan 4.
Ronstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 09:46 AM   #88

Won't hardly put a dent in what DW spent on Christmas.
Lawrencewendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 10:14 AM   #89
Give me a forum ...

It would be interesting to see if some banks are posting sooner than others. BofA says it’s processing now. Our stim 1 check was prorated so we got less than a full $2400 but stim 2 was even more prorated so we got less than $600 for both of us. I didn’t really expect anything and don’t need it, not complaining. Will probably give it to the kids who can use it but fortunately not impacted either.

What a lot of folks miss is that the point is to get the funds into the economy and we are just transport mechanisms. It’s good for folks that are in need but that’s a side benefit.
Old 01-03-2021, 10:40 AM   #90
Recycles dryer sheets

Got ours $1200 Direct deposit a few days ago
Livefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 07:12 AM   #91
Give me a forum ...

Received ours ($1200) via direct deposit this morning.
Old 01-04-2021, 08:08 AM   #92

Our (reduced) stimulus hit the bank on Jan 1st. it is still pending as of this morning. No biggie. We are retired and don't need it to survive.

While we don't need it, getting it is not stopping those who do need it from getting theirs. It is not like the gov't had x dollars and divided it to only those who need it. Those who do need it, got every penny they were supposed to.

I expect that the fed deficit will never be paid down or off. I don't expect that higher taxes would ever be used to pay down the debt caused by some of us getting paid who didn't need it. So we have it. If we don't spend it now, our heirs will eventually. It's not like that money is sitting under a mattress. It is being used, as every other dollar in the banks are, for loans, paying account interest, paying salaries etc.

What I thought, and agreed with, was that the 1st one went out to the larger group due to the expediency required. There was little time to find those who needed it most. Some who didn't need a stimulus got paid. Congress had time to sharpen their pencils and do a better job of targeting only those who truly needed another stimulus. Sadly, they didn't.
CRLLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 08:31 AM   #93

EFT deposit this AM. Funds available.
Old 01-04-2021, 08:34 AM   #94

Ours showed up this morning. I had checked a couple of times over the weekend because I was curious to see if it would show up as "pending", but it never did.
cathy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 08:57 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz4cash View Post

What a lot of folks miss is that the point is to get the funds into the economy and we are just transport mechanisms. It’s good for folks that are in need but that’s a side benefit.
I think we get it, but it's a poor mechanism to get the money into the economy. Most people will save it or pay bills. There's not a lot I could spend it on now even if that were my intention. I bet most of us here buy what we want when we want it so really don't have any pent up demand.
garyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 09:21 AM   #96
Give me a forum ...

Showed up in my bank account on Jan 1, but is still pending.
tmm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 10:25 AM   #97
Give me a forum ...

Looks like we're not eligible for this one. Sorry, DD and SiL.
Old 01-04-2021, 10:40 AM   #98
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnot View Post
We received an overnight deposit from US Treasury of $1,200. That was fast. I did have a refund in 2019 and had my bank account information on the IRS tax return.
+1 We received ours along with our retirement pay on Dec. 31. I was quite surprised! The last I knew congress was discussing a larger stimulus payment.
Timeisprecious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 11:17 AM   #99
Moderator Emeritus

FINALLY! It wasn't here earlier this morning, but there is a brand new deposit from the IRS into my checking account of $451.95, which is about what I figured it would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRLLS View Post
Our (reduced) stimulus hit the bank on Jan 1st. it is still pending as of this morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmm99 View Post
Showed up in my bank account on Jan 1, but is still pending.
Mine never showed up as pending, for some reason.
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 11:49 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengsational View Post
I do think we're on the list to get the latest stimulus, but I've never put my bank info on an IRS return.

The last stimulus check, was a paper check. No way they're going to print checks by 1/15/2021.

I guess I'll just follow the interview in H&R Block tax software update and hope for the best.
My brother received the paper check Saturday. You may get it before 1/15.
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote