Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-15-2020, 07:28 AM   #201
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank View Post
which url did you use? the website I checked didn't ask for an agi or taxes paid.
https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/econ...mpact-payments
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2020, 07:31 AM   #202

Quote:
Payment Status Not Available

According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time.

For more information on the eligibility rules, see our Frequently Asked Questions page.
I googled this error message and found lots of forums with people getting the same thing. They all suggested waiting a while and trying again. After 3 or 4 tries I got kicked off the site with a message that said I had exceeded the maximum number of attempts per day and to try again in 24 hours.

We very clearly qualify for the payment but not the automatic direct deposit. I'm just trying to provide my bank info so I don't have to wait for a check. I got the same error when checking for DMIL. Not sure this tool is ready for prime time yet.
Old 04-15-2020, 07:36 AM   #203
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Our payment for $2400 was deposited this morning.

Our 2018 return would not have made us eligible for the payment, but our 2019 return did. We had filed on 3/9 with the direct deposit information .
Old 04-15-2020, 07:41 AM   #204
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra9777 View Post
I googled this error message and found lots of forums with people getting the same thing. They all suggested waiting a while and trying again. After 3 or 4 tries I got kicked off the site with a message that said I had exceeded the maximum number of attempts per day and to try again in 24 hours.

We very clearly qualify for the payment but not the automatic direct deposit. I'm just trying to provide my bank info so I don't have to wait for a check. I got the same error when checking for DMIL. Not sure this tool is ready for prime time yet.
I had checked yesterday with no deposit showing. This morning I went to the IRS site and got the same message that my info was not correct. After looking there I logged into my bank and presto the federal stimulus deposit was there! So my wife said oh good now we can go shopping next year when the governor says the stores can open! (Shhh- she can be snarky at times)
Venturer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 07:44 AM   #205
gone traveling

Got ours this morning along with my SS and IRA distribution. Checking account is good to go car shopping, but we do not need a new car.
eytonxav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 08:02 AM   #206

Ours is in our bank this morning. Still shows as pending. As soon as it's available we will PayPal it to our son and daughter-in-law.

We haven't told them yet, but theirs is the economy we want to stimulate.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:04 AM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue J View Post
Ours is in our bank this morning. Still shows as pending. As soon as it's available we will PayPal it to our son and daughter-in-law.

We haven't told them yet, but theirs is the economy we want to stimulate.
[emoji846]
gayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 08:09 AM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathy63 View Post
We are in the situation of having had a refund in 2018 (due to getting most of our ACA premiums back) but having owed a bit in 2019. So the IRS does have our bank account info on our 2018 return, but they're not supposed to look at it if they already have our 2019 return. I guess that means we are expecting a paper check as well. Oh well, we're not in any rush for the money.
OK, I can now confirm that the IRS will not look back at your 2018 return for bank account info if you filed a 2019 return that had a balance due. I just entered our bank info at their website.
cathy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 08:19 AM   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank View Post
irs website says my information does not match their records. anyone else have this result? what should I do about it?
Some things to try:

If you file jointly, make sure you used the SSN of the first person listed on the return.

Make sure you typed the SSN correctly. It's a masked field, so you can't see what you're typing.

If you don't round when filling out your tax return, then don't enter the cents for your AGI and amount owed and don't round off now. Just enter what's to the left of the decimal point.

If you filed for 2019 and those numbers aren't working, then your return may not have been processed yet. Try the numbers from your 2018 return.

Make sure to use the correct numbers. For 2019, your AGI is line 8b and Amout You Owe is line 23. For 2018, your AGI is line 7 and Amount You Owe is line 22.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:21 AM   #210
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayl View Post
[emoji846]
Ours landed in our account today too. We also plan on transferring it to out daughter as she's been furloughed and could really use the help right now.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:30 AM   #211

Quote:
Originally Posted by DektolMan View Post
Ours also came up: Payment Status Not Available
Same here.
jim584672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 08:32 AM   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathy63 View Post
Some things to try:

If you file jointly, make sure you used the SSN of the first person listed on the return.

Make sure you typed the SSN correctly. It's a masked field, so you can't see what you're typing.

If you don't round when filling out your tax return, then don't enter the cents for your AGI and amount owed and don't round off now. Just enter what's to the left of the decimal point.

If you filed for 2019 and those numbers aren't working, then your return may not have been processed yet. Try the numbers from your 2018 return.

Make sure to use the correct numbers. For 2019, your AGI is line 8b and Amout You Owe is line 23. For 2018, your AGI is line 7 and Amount You Owe is line 22.
In my case, I can't get past the first screen that only asks for SSN, DOB, address, and zip. I know that I'm entering everything correctly, exactly as it appears on our return. But it says, "Payment Status Not Available According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility..." It never asks for AGI or anything else. Am I doing something wrong? We filed in 2018 with an amount due. Have not filed yet for 2019. I just want to enter bank info for us and DMIL so we can get the direct deposit.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:36 AM   #213
Moderator Emeritus

Haven't received anything yet. I got the "Payment Status not Available" message from the IRS website. We are eligible per their rules, and my fed tax refund hit my bank account this morning. So this shouldn't be a problem. They have my 2019 income and my bank information.
Ronstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 08:37 AM   #214

Our $2400 deposited today. I was wondering how this would work for us.

a. We had a refund coming from our 2018 return, and had that direct deposited to our Ally savings account.

b. We owed Uncle Sam for 2019, and sent them a check from our local bank in early March.

c. We are both receiving Social Security, and it goes in two separate accounts at local banks.

The winner was a! They went back to our 2018 tax return and used that Ally bank info we provided for our 2018 refund.

Interesting. In any event, I'm sharing it with a local community organization that operates a food bank, does financial management counseling and works with clients to find affordable. I also like to support RIP Medical Debt. Every $1 you give provides $100 in medical deb relief.

Old men and women sit in the shade of trees they planted long ago
SumDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 08:38 AM   #215

The third times a charm. I was finally able to update my banking information for direct deposit with the IRS. I have read if you try too many times it locks you out for 24 hours. That didn't happen to me. Once I finally got in to give the banking info, it was easy.

So now I continue waiting for the payment.

The first rule of compounding: Never interupt it unnecessarily. Charlie Munger
UnrealizedPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 08:40 AM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumDay View Post
Our $2400 deposited today. I was wondering how this would work for us.

a. We had a refund coming from our 2018 return, and had that direct deposited to our Ally savings account.

b. We owed Uncle Sam for 2019, and sent them a check from our local bank in early March.

c. We are both receiving Social Security, and it goes in two separate accounts at local banks.

The winner was a! They went back to our 2018 tax return and used that Ally bank info we provided for our 2018 refund.

Interesting. In any event, I'm sharing it with a local community organization that operates a food bank, does financial management counseling and works with clients to find affordable. I also like to support RIP Medical Debt. Every $1 you give provides $100 in medical deb relief.
We had the exact opposite happen! Your a and b conditions are true for us also, but c is not. We have not received our payment and when I logged into the site today, they said they didn't have our bank info.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:42 AM   #217

My virus money deposited...
Who needs to counterfeit bills when America will do it for free?

Old 04-15-2020, 08:43 AM   #218
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

Go figure. What the public is told about how quickly something can be done by non-IT folks is not real. Simple application until you add security, and all the small nuisances about the state of someone's returns.

We are debugging the application now.
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 08:48 AM   #219

Quote:
In my case, I can't get past the first screen that only asks for SSN, DOB, address, and zip. I know that I'm entering everything correctly, exactly as it appears on our return. But it says, "Payment Status Not Available According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility..." It never asks for AGI or anything else. Am I doing something wrong? We filed in 2018 with an amount due. Have not filed yet for 2019. I just want to enter bank info for us and DMIL so we can get the direct deposit.
I don't know what else you can do, other than try again later. Since it failed on multiple returns for you, it might be something like one bad web server that's not able to connect to the database. Sometimes using a different browser will get you routed to a different server, so you could try that.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:52 AM   #220

This morning woke up to a bank deposit txt alert. I logged in to see what it was about because even though this calculator was right on the money https://www.omnicalculator.com/finance/stimulus-payment I actually didn't expect to receive anything and forgot about it.
dvalley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stimulus payment