Stimulus direct deposit, checks and EIP cards.

OK - looks like they fixed their bug. I’ll have to try again.

No, 0 refund still did not work for me.

I guess CaptTom didn’t try again because he got the notice of a check in the mail already scheduled.

Last edited:
I see it says that the list of dates vs income is from an IRS internal memo viewed by the Washington Post. Nothing official about that. Another thing that is not clear is if MFJ earning 50k gets their check later than a single filer earning 40k.

"Payment Status Not Available" ?

tried checking my payment status on irs site today and several times last week (the page where you enter ssn, dob, street, zip), keep getting "Payment Status Not Available" message. Is this normal?

We file electronically for 2018, refund with direct deposit
didn't file 2019 yet
filed jointly with AGI under $120k. so I should be eligible.

Last edited:
tried checking my payment status on irs site today and several times last week (the page where you enter ssn, dob, street, zip), keep getting "Payment Status Not Available" message. Is this normal?

We file electronically for 2018, refund with direct deposit
didn't file 2019 yet
filing jointly with AGI under $120k. so I should be eligible.

Same here. Filed in 2018 and applied refund to 2019 taxes. Haven't filed in 2019 yet. I'm getting the same "Payment Status Not Available" message.

The portal still doesn't work if you received a refund but applied it to next year's taxes (if you put in the refund you would have received it says does not match records and if you put in zero for a refund it says technical difficulties).

Let us hope none of these programmers are the ones working on national defense systems.

The portal still doesn't work if you received a refund but applied it to next year's taxes (if you put in the refund you would have received it says does not match records and if you put in zero for a refund it says technical difficulties).

Let us hope none of these programmers are the ones working on national defense systems.
Nah, they are all on loan from the Boeing spaceship program.

when will the physical checks go out?

I'm hoping for $1,200 for my dead relative...it would really help with estate expenses.

when will the physical checks go out?

I'm hoping for $1,200 for my dead relative...it would really help with estate expenses.

Check back post #427. There is a list of dates.

This is the exact problem I am having. I feel like I am being punished for letting the IRS keep my 2019 refund to put toward 2020. No good deed goes unpunished!:mad:

Must be normal, I get that every day :facepalm:

I get it everyday also. I just read on the internet last night that they are talking about a second round of checks. could be not true. If they are I wonder if I'll get the first one before they start sending out the second.

This app smells like a prototype pushed into production.
The last thing developers do is proper error handling. It's overlooked in the early development phase as you want to prove the happy path, later error cases are added and refined.

Last edited:
Must be normal, I get that every day :facepalm:

Standard behavior for a government website (mostly kidding, some work well, obviously). I tried to sign up for a MyMedicare account. It asked me some identity questions. I answered them all accurately, and it said 'sorry, your answers are incorrect. You may not try again for 24 hours'. I gave up. Not worth the hassle.

I have to change my withholding on my pension for the rest this year to get the equivalent. Filed 2019 AGI was too high, but will be under in 2020 when the tax credit applies. Works for us.

Standard behavior for a government website (mostly kidding, some work well, obviously). I tried to sign up for a MyMedicare account. It asked me some identity questions. I answered them all accurately, and it said 'sorry, your answers are incorrect. You may not try again for 24 hours'. I gave up. Not worth the hassle.

Reminds me of a fail I had a couple years back with an online credit check asking multiple choice questions. Questions like: “which of the following was once your phone number, address”, etc. The one that likely got me was mortgage payment amount. We paid it off in 2008 and since I always rounded up a few hundred $ I really had no idea. :facepalm:

Reminds me of a fail I had a couple years back with an online credit check asking multiple choice questions. Questions like: “which of the following was once your phone number, address”, etc. The one that likely got me was mortgage payment amount. We paid it off in 2008 and since I always rounded up a few hundred $ I really had no idea. :facepalm:
Off topic but security checks that rely on credit report info are outrageous. They rely on arcane multiple choice questions that only someone with a photographic memory could get right. The damn bureaus tossed out their pins and required us to pass these stupid tests to re-register for online access and I have been unable to get by Equifax. A couple of Federal sites refused me access because they rely on credit reports to check identity.

No stimulus here yet. My situation; paid fed tax in 2018 and 2019. Used the payment portal so the fed has my account info, but apparently the payment and refund portals don't talk to each other. I used the govt website to add banking info on the 17th when it opened. My message reads that I am eligible, when the govt has a date for deposit, it will be listed here and deposited into bank account 5555....blah blah.
Fortunately, like most on this board, I dont need the money.

I can't get past the banking info section as it says it does not recognize my info. pretty frustrating. tried every conceivable combination for 2018 taxes and 2019 taxes. same as lots of people credited my refund to next years taxes, but had to pay in 2018. anybody having luck with this scenario lately?

Beautiful chart, FIREd. Thanks.

Looks like end of July for me.

I have NOT filed my 2019 yet. Will make pmt of ~$200 or so.

For the past 5 years I have had a small payment due on Fed taxes, usually <$500. So I filed via snail mail on "Tax Day" and mailed them a check.

I wonder if I use "direct debit" payment from my ckg acct if the IRS will be able to pick up my acct info and send the stimulus pmt electronically?

Looks like end of July for me.
I wonder if I use "direct debit" payment from my ckg acct if the IRS will be able to pick up my acct info and send the stimulus pmt electronically?

That's how my mom filed this year, and she didn't get her stimulus check via direct deposit. She'll end up getting a paper check because the IRS, via the get my payment web site, says her soc. sec. no./birthdate/address/zip code copied directly from her 2019 tax return doesn't match their records.

This question has already been asked and answered many posts ago. :) No, because that's what we do when we efile. I entered my bank info the day the option went live. No estimated date for the direct deposit yet.

This question has already been asked and answered many posts ago. :) No, because that's what we do when we efile. I entered my bank info the day the option went live. No estimated date for the direct deposit yet.

I posted the same a few days ago. Nothing yet...

Back
Top Bottom