Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-24-2020, 07:07 AM   #501
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
Got stimulus deposits this morning just as stated on my last trip to their website.
How long did it take? I provided my bank information around April 15th and I've been checking the "Get My Payment" website every couple days and have got the same message for almost two weeks.

Quote:
Payment Status
You are eligible for the payment. Once we have your payment date, we will update this page.

We will deposit your payment to the bank account below.

Bank Account Number: ************6666

Updates to your payment are made no more than once a day. We will mail you a letter with additional information on this payment.

If you need additional help or do not receive your payment, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2020, 07:07 AM   #502
Recycles dryer sheets

Finally able to get past the Payment Status not available today.
My situation:
Filed 2019 return in early April - owed money - set the payment date to early July.
LastOfTheBoomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 07:32 AM   #503
Give me a forum ...

Site still has the bug that it won't take 2018 information if you have filed in 2019 and it won't use the right numbers for 2019 if you had the refund applied to 2020.
Fermion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 07:32 AM   #504
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Same as others are posting, the Get My Payment tool finally worked for us this morning. Previously, I got the "Payment Status Not Available" error message. I entered some numbers from our 2018 return and then the banking info, which was accepted. We have not filed 2019 yet and we owed money in 2018.

So hopefully that will speed things up. According to the table that was posted earlier, we would have received a paper check right around the July 15 deadline for filing the 2019 return, which would have disqualified us for the stimulus payment due to a large Roth conversion last December. That timing was a little too tight for comfort.
Old 04-24-2020, 08:17 AM   #505

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchjav View Post
First of all, received my stimulus check yesterday by US Mail. (when the IRS tool came available last week, I went right in and put in my Direct Deposit info, but guess it "crossed in the mail".

More importantly, it was way above what I expected based on my AGI for 2019. 2019 AGI (off which I think this was based) was just slightly more than the limit and the check was slightly less than the $2,400 for a couple. But using the online calculators it should have been significantly less. Anyone else come across this?
Which online calculator did you use? I would trust the IRS' math over a random online calculator. You can also do the calculation yourself pretty easily.

If you file MFJ and have no children under age 17, then take your AGI from line 8b of your 2019 1040 and calculate $2400 - .05 * (AGI - 150000). If your AGI is just over the limit at 160000, then you'll get $1900.

If that doesn't work, do the same calculation with your 2018 AGI, which is on line 7 of that year's 1040.
cathy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 08:21 AM   #506

IRS says:

Quote:
Planned Outages: April 23, 24, and 25, 2020
This service will be unavailable starting at 10 p.m. Eastern until approximately 1 a.m. due to planned maintenance on:

Thursday, April 23, 2020
Friday, April 24, 2020
Saturday, April 25, 2020
Based on this morning's posts, it looks like they're loading new data during these times which is letting more people get to the bank entry screens.
cathy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 08:28 AM   #507

Just when I thought everything was going so well...

After success earlier with DW's and my information, I tried to enter DMIL's banking info. Previously, I got the "Payment Status Not Available" for her as well. Once again, I finally got past that today, BUT now I'm getting the same "Technical Difficulties" screen that others are seeing who applied a refund to the subsequent year.

DMIL did not apply a refund. Rather, she has not owed tax in several years because the standard deduction (and exemptions previously) are larger than her small pension and investment income. She also gets SS, which is not taxable. I'm not even sure if she's required to file a return, but I always do it anyway just in case.

Problem is: she did not receive a refund nor did she owe money. So, as others have posted, the tool is just not set up for this scenario. It makes the incorrect assumption that everyone who filed a return EITHER received a refund or owed money. Regardless of which option I choose, the result is the "Technical Difficulties" error message.

So I guess I'm back in the mode of checking this tool every day to see if they fix this error. Maybe one of the upcoming planned maintenance periods that cathy posted include a fix for this.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:00 AM   #508
Give me a forum ...

Has anybody in my situation been able to enter bank account info on the IRS website--my situation is that I filed my 2019 tax return in Feb., had a small refund ($40) which I applied to my 2020 taxes. I get to the page where you enter the amounts from the 2019 tax return and it says what I enter is incorrect when I enter either $40 (which is my actual refund amount) or $0 which is the amount I received since I applied it to next year's taxes. Thanks
harllee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:05 AM   #509
Full time employment: Posting here.

Site allowed me to enter 2018 tax return info and bank acct info!!

One step closer.
Born2Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:13 AM   #510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
The IRS must have read my comment. I looked again this morning. It would not use my 2019 data because it says my return hasn't yet been processed and directed me to use my 2018 numbers instead. I did, and it worked! I gave them the account number and they said it will be deposited. We shall see if that occurs in timely fashion. Still only peanuts, but I am heartened to see something logical at the IRS.
This was exactly my situation this morning. Glad to have that done---I think
JPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 10:50 AM   #511

Looks like I got an additional $1,200 based of my deceased fathers 2018 final tax return. I'll need to figure out who to donate this to.
PatrickA5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 11:09 AM   #512

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra9777 View Post
Just when I thought everything was going so well...

After success earlier with DW's and my information, I tried to enter DMIL's banking info. Previously, I got the "Payment Status Not Available" for her as well. Once again, I finally got past that today, BUT now I'm getting the same "Technical Difficulties" screen that others are seeing who applied a refund to the subsequent year.

DMIL did not apply a refund. Rather, she has not owed tax in several years because the standard deduction (and exemptions previously) are larger than her small pension and investment income. She also gets SS, which is not taxable. I'm not even sure if she's required to file a return, but I always do it anyway just in case.

Problem is: she did not receive a refund nor did she owe money. So, as others have posted, the tool is just not set up for this scenario. It makes the incorrect assumption that everyone who filed a return EITHER received a refund or owed money. Regardless of which option I choose, the result is the "Technical Difficulties" error message.

So I guess I'm back in the mode of checking this tool every day to see if they fix this error. Maybe one of the upcoming planned maintenance periods that cathy posted include a fix for this.
Exactly what I'm going through with my DM. Already a victim of the war on savers she can't seem to even get this minor credit.
However her monthly expenses continue despite the fact that her independent living facility has cut all activities and services. Life's not fair, but it never was.
Old 04-24-2020, 12:17 PM   #513
Full time employment: Posting here.

Last week I entered bank account info on the IRS website since we owed a little bit on our 2019 taxes instead of getting a refund. I checked the get my payment website a couple of days later and got the you are eligible message along with the last four digits of the bank account. It was looking good. Thought I would check today and see if there was any update. Today I got the dreaded “payment status not available “ message!

I have no idea why the change. Our income for both 2018 and 2019 was in the eligible range. DH does get social security. I have no idea why the updated information with bank account info has disappeared.
FIYes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 01:09 PM   #514
Dryer sheet aficionado

This whole thing is a circle jerk. Both wife and I are on SS with direct deposit. According to all directions I have seen says the money will be auto deposited in that account. I’ve been checking each day for both of us and always says “status not available”. Today I check and says “you are eligible but need my bank info”. So which is it, auto deposit with SS deposit info or give it to them again on this joke of a site? Maybe I’ll get it twice[emoji847]
Hdhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 03:25 PM   #515
Give me a forum ...

Location: Spending the Kids Inheritance and living in Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra9777 View Post
Same as others are posting, the Get My Payment tool finally worked for us this morning. Previously, I got the "Payment Status Not Available" error message. I entered some numbers from our 2018 return and then the banking info, which was accepted. We have not filed 2019 yet and we owed money in 2018.
+1

Glad I checked this thread, as it worked for me
Old 04-24-2020, 03:46 PM   #516

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickA5 View Post
Looks like I got an additional $1,200 based of my deceased fathers 2018 final tax return. I'll need to figure out who to donate this to.
My relative died early 2019...no 2019 return required.

Should I just update their direct deposit info based on their 2018 return?
ncbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 05:02 PM   #517
Give me a forum ...

Today's update fixed my issue. I was able to input my bank info and they now say I am eligible and will get a direct deposit.
Old 04-24-2020, 05:12 PM   #518
Give me a forum ...

Previously I got the 'Payment Status Not Available'. Today they can't even find a match to my information that I entered. I entered my correct SS and address but no match. Oh well.....born loser.
Old 04-24-2020, 06:47 PM   #519
Recycles dryer sheets

Finally! After being shut out of the website their update allowed me to enter my tax info and banking routing numbers. Ill be checking to see when my deposit lnds.
DektolMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 07:04 PM   #520

I read an article from the WSJ, sorry no link, that explained my situation if the information is accurate. For those who gave the IRS their bank information for direct deposit on get my payment, you should have done so, if possible by April 22.

For those that have given their bank information for direct deposit on get my payment, we are the next in line. Starting next week we should start seeing the direct deposits in our bank accounts. For those in this situation, most of us will get the DD by next Wednesday, and I think up until next Friday.

So next week we can look for it. With any luck, we should get our direct deposits next week for those who were able to give their direct deposit information by April 22. Of course I can't be sure, but for those who gave the IRS their bank information for DD after April 22, you might be getting a paper check.

The first rule of compounding: Never interupt it unnecessarily. Charlie Munger
UnrealizedPotential is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stimulus payment