Stimulus direct deposit, checks and EIP cards.

Got stimulus deposits this morning just as stated on my last trip to their website.

How long did it take? I provided my bank information around April 15th and I've been checking the "Get My Payment" website every couple days and have got the same message for almost two weeks.

Payment Status
You are eligible for the payment. Once we have your payment date, we will update this page.

We will deposit your payment to the bank account below.

Bank Account Number: ************6666

Updates to your payment are made no more than once a day. We will mail you a letter with additional information on this payment.

If you need additional help or do not receive your payment, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.

Finally able to get past the Payment Status not available today.
My situation:
Filed 2019 return in early April - owed money - set the payment date to early July.

Site still has the bug that it won't take 2018 information if you have filed in 2019 and it won't use the right numbers for 2019 if you had the refund applied to 2020.

Same as others are posting, the Get My Payment tool finally worked for us this morning. Previously, I got the "Payment Status Not Available" error message. I entered some numbers from our 2018 return and then the banking info, which was accepted. We have not filed 2019 yet and we owed money in 2018.

So hopefully that will speed things up. According to the table that was posted earlier, we would have received a paper check right around the July 15 deadline for filing the 2019 return, which would have disqualified us for the stimulus payment due to a large Roth conversion last December. That timing was a little too tight for comfort.

First of all, received my stimulus check yesterday by US Mail. (when the IRS tool came available last week, I went right in and put in my Direct Deposit info, but guess it "crossed in the mail".

More importantly, it was way above what I expected based on my AGI for 2019. 2019 AGI (off which I think this was based) was just slightly more than the limit and the check was slightly less than the $2,400 for a couple. But using the online calculators it should have been significantly less. Anyone else come across this?

Which online calculator did you use? I would trust the IRS' math over a random online calculator. You can also do the calculation yourself pretty easily.

If you file MFJ and have no children under age 17, then take your AGI from line 8b of your 2019 1040 and calculate $2400 - .05 * (AGI - 150000). If your AGI is just over the limit at 160000, then you'll get $1900.

If that doesn't work, do the same calculation with your 2018 AGI, which is on line 7 of that year's 1040.

IRS says:

Planned Outages: April 23, 24, and 25, 2020
This service will be unavailable starting at 10 p.m. Eastern until approximately 1 a.m. due to planned maintenance on:

Thursday, April 23, 2020
Friday, April 24, 2020
Saturday, April 25, 2020

Based on this morning's posts, it looks like they're loading new data during these times which is letting more people get to the bank entry screens.

Just when I thought everything was going so well...

After success earlier with DW's and my information, I tried to enter DMIL's banking info. Previously, I got the "Payment Status Not Available" for her as well. Once again, I finally got past that today, BUT now I'm getting the same "Technical Difficulties" screen that others are seeing who applied a refund to the subsequent year.

DMIL did not apply a refund. Rather, she has not owed tax in several years because the standard deduction (and exemptions previously) are larger than her small pension and investment income. She also gets SS, which is not taxable. I'm not even sure if she's required to file a return, but I always do it anyway just in case.

Problem is: she did not receive a refund nor did she owe money. So, as others have posted, the tool is just not set up for this scenario. It makes the incorrect assumption that everyone who filed a return EITHER received a refund or owed money. Regardless of which option I choose, the result is the "Technical Difficulties" error message.

So I guess I'm back in the mode of checking this tool every day to see if they fix this error. Maybe one of the upcoming planned maintenance periods that cathy posted include a fix for this.

Last edited:
Has anybody in my situation been able to enter bank account info on the IRS website--my situation is that I filed my 2019 tax return in Feb., had a small refund ($40) which I applied to my 2020 taxes. I get to the page where you enter the amounts from the 2019 tax return and it says what I enter is incorrect when I enter either $40 (which is my actual refund amount) or $0 which is the amount I received since I applied it to next year's taxes. Thanks

Site allowed me to enter 2018 tax return info and bank acct info!!

One step closer. :) :)

The IRS must have read my comment. I looked again this morning. It would not use my 2019 data because it says my return hasn't yet been processed and directed me to use my 2018 numbers instead. I did, and it worked! I gave them the account number and they said it will be deposited. We shall see if that occurs in timely fashion. Still only peanuts, but I am heartened to see something logical at the IRS.

This was exactly my situation this morning. Glad to have that done---I think

Looks like I got an additional $1,200 based of my deceased fathers 2018 final tax return. I'll need to figure out who to donate this to.

Just when I thought everything was going so well...

After success earlier with DW's and my information, I tried to enter DMIL's banking info. Previously, I got the "Payment Status Not Available" for her as well. Once again, I finally got past that today, BUT now I'm getting the same "Technical Difficulties" screen that others are seeing who applied a refund to the subsequent year.

DMIL did not apply a refund. Rather, she has not owed tax in several years because the standard deduction (and exemptions previously) are larger than her small pension and investment income. She also gets SS, which is not taxable. I'm not even sure if she's required to file a return, but I always do it anyway just in case.

Problem is: she did not receive a refund nor did she owe money. So, as others have posted, the tool is just not set up for this scenario. It makes the incorrect assumption that everyone who filed a return EITHER received a refund or owed money. Regardless of which option I choose, the result is the "Technical Difficulties" error message.

So I guess I'm back in the mode of checking this tool every day to see if they fix this error. Maybe one of the upcoming planned maintenance periods that cathy posted include a fix for this.

Exactly what I'm going through with my DM. Already a victim of the war on savers she can't seem to even get this minor credit.
However her monthly expenses continue despite the fact that her independent living facility has cut all activities and services. Life's not fair, but it never was.

Last week I entered bank account info on the IRS website since we owed a little bit on our 2019 taxes instead of getting a refund. I checked the get my payment website a couple of days later and got the you are eligible message along with the last four digits of the bank account. It was looking good. Thought I would check today and see if there was any update. Today I got the dreaded “payment status not available “ message!

I have no idea why the change. Our income for both 2018 and 2019 was in the eligible range. DH does get social security. I have no idea why the updated information with bank account info has disappeared.

This whole thing is a circle jerk. Both wife and I are on SS with direct deposit. According to all directions I have seen says the money will be auto deposited in that account. I’ve been checking each day for both of us and always says “status not available”. Today I check and says “you are eligible but need my bank info”. So which is it, auto deposit with SS deposit info or give it to them again on this joke of a site? Maybe I’ll get it twice[emoji847]

Same as others are posting, the Get My Payment tool finally worked for us this morning. Previously, I got the "Payment Status Not Available" error message. I entered some numbers from our 2018 return and then the banking info, which was accepted. We have not filed 2019 yet and we owed money in 2018.

+1

Glad I checked this thread, as it worked for me :dance::dance:

Looks like I got an additional $1,200 based of my deceased fathers 2018 final tax return. I'll need to figure out who to donate this to.

My relative died early 2019...no 2019 return required.

Should I just update their direct deposit info based on their 2018 return?

Today's update fixed my issue. I was able to input my bank info and they now say I am eligible and will get a direct deposit.

Previously I got the 'Payment Status Not Available'. Today they can't even find a match to my information that I entered. I entered my correct SS and address but no match. Oh well.....born loser.

Finally! After being shut out of the website their update allowed me to enter my tax info and banking routing numbers. Ill be checking to see when my deposit lnds.

I read an article from the WSJ, sorry no link, that explained my situation if the information is accurate. For those who gave the IRS their bank information for direct deposit on get my payment, you should have done so, if possible by April 22.

For those that have given their bank information for direct deposit on get my payment, we are the next in line. Starting next week we should start seeing the direct deposits in our bank accounts. For those in this situation, most of us will get the DD by next Wednesday, and I think up until next Friday.

So next week we can look for it. With any luck, we should get our direct deposits next week for those who were able to give their direct deposit information by April 22. Of course I can't be sure, but for those who gave the IRS their bank information for DD after April 22, you might be getting a paper check.

Last edited:
Site still has the bug that it won't take 2018 information if you have filed in 2019 and it won't use the right numbers for 2019 if you had the refund applied to 2020.

Mine just worked;
I applied my 2019 refund to 2020 and couldn't get past the 2nd part of attempting to get the payment via direct deposit.

This evening it worked! I got this message;
You are eligible for the payment. Once we have your payment date, we will update this page.
Bank Account Number: ************0699
Updates to your payment are made no more than once a day. We will mail you a letter with additional information on this payment.

If you need additional help or do not receive your payment, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.

Mine just worked;
I applied my 2019 refund to 2020 and couldn't get past the 2nd part of attempting to get the payment via direct deposit.

This evening it worked! I got this message;
Bank Account Number: ************0699

What did you put in for your refund amount? The amount that you applied toward 2020?

Maybe I’ve missed this in all the messages above - has anybody living overseas gotten into the system yet? How did you enter your address? I’m trying by entering the number and street exactly as I did on the tax return but no luck as of now!

Of course I can't be sure, but for those who gave the IRS their bank information for DD after April 22, you might be getting a paper check.
I put my information in yesterday afternoon (4/24). When I logged back in it said I am eligible and will get the payment by direct deposit.

Back
Top Bottom