Stimulus direct deposit, checks and EIP cards.

YAH!! I am one of those who had a 2019 refund applied to my 2020 taxes. Today I did the information on the Get my Payment site and used 0 for my refund and got through and now it says I will get my stimulus payment direct deposit. So it appears that the IRS has fixed the 0 refund glitch! :)

I read an article from the WSJ, sorry no link, that explained my situation if the information is accurate. For those who gave the IRS their bank information for direct deposit on get my payment, you should have done so, if possible by April 22.

For those that have given their bank information for direct deposit on get my payment, we are the next in line. Starting next week we should start seeing the direct deposits in our bank accounts. For those in this situation, most of us will get the DD by next Wednesday, and I think up until next Friday.

So next week we can look for it. With any luck, we should get our direct deposits next week for those who were able to give their direct deposit information by April 22. Of course I can't be sure, but for those who gave the IRS their bank information for DD after April 22, you might be getting a paper check.

Perhaps this article?
https://www.wsj.com/articles/next-w...coming-days-11587755745?mod=trending_now_pos1
Behind a paywall for many, but it states:
the IRS will send money over the next few days to people who recently provided their direct-deposit information.

These payments will likely go to two groups: One set is tax filers who successfully used the Internal Revenue Service website’s “Get My Payment” tool to add bank information by midday on April 22, according to the IRS. The other set is people who don’t file tax returns but who receive Social Security or Social Security disability benefits, according to the Treasury Department.

The payments could follow the pattern that occurred when the government sent the first round of direct deposits two weeks ago. Then, the Treasury notified banks of the coming payments on a Friday. Some people saw the money in their accounts within hours. Nearly all the payments had arrived by the following Wednesday. This time around, that would mean payments arriving by April 29.

I had success entering my bank account info this morning as well. Wonder what is going to happen from here.

I was able to enter my bank info almost two weeks ago and I still get a message saying I'm eligible and once a payment date is known it will be posted. I owed this year and filed back in Feb. Not sure of the methodology the IRS is using, but I haven't had the issues some are having and still no payment.

First of all, received my stimulus check yesterday by US Mail. (when the IRS tool came available last week, I went right in and put in my Direct Deposit info, but guess it "crossed in the mail".

More importantly, it was way above what I expected based on my AGI for 2019. 2019 AGI (off which I think this was based) was just slightly more than the limit and the check was slightly less than the $2,400 for a couple. But using the online calculators it should have been significantly less. Anyone else come across this?
Did the timing of your paper check comply with the table published earlier in this thread? Not to be too nosey, but what date does that table say for you AGI?

https://www.early-retirement.org/fo...-post2414156.html?highlight=paper#post2414156

Last edited:
Okay, checked again this morning and got the n” you are eligible “ message with the last four digits of our bank account. No idea what happened when I checked yesterday.

I was also one of the people who applied 2019 refund to 2020 (never will do that again!)

It worked today to enter zero for the refund amount for 2019.

Thanks for checking on that, I had given up trying!

DS entered his bank info shortly after portal went live, still has not shown up. They do not seem to provide any information on when one can anticipate receiving it.

Great! Thanks much folks!

I was finally able to successfully enter in DF’s bank info and they said his check will be direct deposited.

Trying figure out the time schedule for us late direct deposit info providers that didn't get a working website before April 22...

According to the article in the WSJ, quoting a spokesman for Republicans on the House Ways and Means committee on what they have supposedly been informed of by the IRS (whew!)...

The data is gathered weekly and sent on the next Weds to the Bureau of the Fiscal Service which then makes the payments by the following Weds.

So for whatever all that is worth, I think maybe by May 6th, if the stars align. :ermm:

Hmmm. Did not work for my DMIL. Her 2018 return had no tax due and no refund. But not because she applied a refund to a subsequent year. Her AGI was below the standard deduction, so zero taxable income. Not sure why that would make a difference. It's the same result: refund = 0.

I tried entering zero refund and also zero amount due. Both resulted in the error message that the information does not match our records. Yesterday, the exact same input gave the "technical difficulties" error message. So something changed. But now I'm locked out for 24 hours, so I guess I'll try again tomorrow. This is getting really old.

Zero worked today for me, but no feedback on exactlywhen the money would be deposited.

This was such a basic programming error that I wonder where they are getting their coders or acceptance testers from. A halfway intelligent teenager who knew a bit about taxes would have been able to figure out the additional logic.

Zero worked today for me, but no feedback on exactlywhen the money would be deposited.

This was such a basic programming error that I wonder where they are getting their coders or acceptance testers from. A halfway intelligent teenager who knew a bit about taxes would have been able to figure out the additional logic.

Well, DF’s banking information was accepted today, but no info on timing. I figure I can check back later in a few days and will perhaps get more specific status.

I also was finally able to enter my banking information. I 1st provided my 2019 return info which was electronically submitted but it was not on file yet so I used my 2018. It asked me whether I got a refund or owed money. It all worked perfectly. My wife and I file jointly so when I went to enroll her, the system recognized my previous information so she was all set too. Like some of you, we' don't need the money right away.

Last edited:
Trying figure out the time schedule for us late direct deposit info providers that didn't get a working website before April 22...

According to the article in the WSJ, quoting a spokesman for Republicans on the House Ways and Means committee on what they have supposedly been informed of by the IRS (whew!)...

The data is gathered weekly and sent on the next Weds to the Bureau of the Fiscal Service which then makes the payments by the following Weds.

So for whatever all that is worth, I think maybe by May 6th, if the stars align. :ermm:

If that's accurate, then those of us who entered our info on the first day the site became available (4/15) should get our money by next Wednesday (4/29), so two full weeks.

If you look at Question 21 on the IRS website, it has been updated and unless you update your info or got a refund, your check will be by mail:

If you received direct deposit of your refund based on your 2019 tax return (or 2018 tax return if you haven’t filed your 2019 tax return), the IRS has sent your Payment to the bank account provided on the most recent tax return. If you filed a Form 8888, Allocation of Refund, with your tax return to split your refund into multiple accounts, your Payment was deposited to the first bank account listed. You cannot change your account information.
If you filed your 2019 or 2018 tax return but did not receive your refund by direct deposit, your Payment will be mailed to the address we have on file even if you also receive Social Security, Railroad Retirement or Veterans Affairs benefits by direct deposit. This is generally the address on your most recent tax return or as updated through the United States Postal Service (USPS).
If you did not receive your refund by direct deposit based on your 2019 tax return (or 2018 tax return if you haven’t filed your 2019 tax return), you have the opportunity to provide bank account information through the IRS Get My Payment tool before your Payment is processed. Direct deposit is the fastest way to receive your Payment.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

Last edited:
And ours still is saying “technical difficulties” after we enter banking info. To add to our dilemma we moved and if they send a check to our old address it won’t be forwarded as the government doesn’t allow for forwarding of their checks. So frustrating.

We get a refund but use it to pay for estimated payments. Therefore we entered “refund” and amount of zero per their instructions.

And ours still is saying “technical difficulties” after we enter banking info. To add to our dilemma we moved and if they send a check to our old address it won’t be forwarded as the government doesn’t allow for forwarding of their checks. So frustrating.

We get a refund but use it to pay for estimated payments. Therefore we entered “refund” and amount of zero per their instructions.
i was under the impression that checks can be forwarded within the US but not outside the US. Do you have references otherwise?

It worked for several other folks here with refund applied to next years taxes, and 0 entered for refund. Have you tried since last night when it finally started working?

It finally said I'm getting the dough and it will be a check in the mail.

Cool beans baby, more wagyu and sushi!

I put my bank info in on 4/15 and my status changed today to bank deposit on 4/30.

Back
Top Bottom