Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-25-2020, 10:32 AM   #541
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I also was finally able to enter my banking information. I 1st provided my 2019 return info which was electronically submitted but it was not on file yet so I used my 2018. It asked me whether I got a refund or owed money. It all worked perfectly. My wife and I file jointly so when I went to enroll her, the system recognized my previous information so she was all set too. Like some of you, we' don't need the money right away.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2020, 11:48 AM   #542

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin View Post
Trying figure out the time schedule for us late direct deposit info providers that didn't get a working website before April 22...

According to the article in the WSJ, quoting a spokesman for Republicans on the House Ways and Means committee on what they have supposedly been informed of by the IRS (whew!)...

The data is gathered weekly and sent on the next Weds to the Bureau of the Fiscal Service which then makes the payments by the following Weds.

So for whatever all that is worth, I think maybe by May 6th, if the stars align.
If that's accurate, then those of us who entered our info on the first day the site became available (4/15) should get our money by next Wednesday (4/29), so two full weeks.
cathy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 03:49 PM   #543
Full time employment: Posting here.

If you look at Question 21 on the IRS website, it has been updated and unless you update your info or got a refund, your check will be by mail:

If you received direct deposit of your refund based on your 2019 tax return (or 2018 tax return if you haven’t filed your 2019 tax return), the IRS has sent your Payment to the bank account provided on the most recent tax return. If you filed a Form 8888, Allocation of Refund, with your tax return to split your refund into multiple accounts, your Payment was deposited to the first bank account listed. You cannot change your account information.
If you filed your 2019 or 2018 tax return but did not receive your refund by direct deposit, your Payment will be mailed to the address we have on file even if you also receive Social Security, Railroad Retirement or Veterans Affairs benefits by direct deposit. This is generally the address on your most recent tax return or as updated through the United States Postal Service (USPS).
If you did not receive your refund by direct deposit based on your 2019 tax return (or 2018 tax return if you haven’t filed your 2019 tax return), you have the opportunity to provide bank account information through the IRS Get My Payment tool before your Payment is processed. Direct deposit is the fastest way to receive your Payment.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/econ...rmation-center
bizlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 04:36 PM   #544
Recycles dryer sheets

And ours still is saying “technical difficulties” after we enter banking info. To add to our dilemma we moved and if they send a check to our old address it won’t be forwarded as the government doesn’t allow for forwarding of their checks. So frustrating.

We get a refund but use it to pay for estimated payments. Therefore we entered “refund” and amount of zero per their instructions.
Carol1862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 04:52 PM   #545
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol1862 View Post
And ours still is saying “technical difficulties” after we enter banking info. To add to our dilemma we moved and if they send a check to our old address it won’t be forwarded as the government doesn’t allow for forwarding of their checks. So frustrating.

We get a refund but use it to pay for estimated payments. Therefore we entered “refund” and amount of zero per their instructions.
i was under the impression that checks can be forwarded within the US but not outside the US. Do you have references otherwise?
Old 04-25-2020, 05:23 PM   #546
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol1862 View Post

It worked for several other folks here with refund applied to next years taxes, and 0 entered for refund. Have you tried since last night when it finally started working?
Old 04-25-2020, 06:00 PM   #547
Give me a forum ...

It finally said I'm getting the dough and it will be a check in the mail.

Cool beans baby, more wagyu and sushi!
RobbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 11:21 PM   #548
Give me a forum ...

Location: Spending the Kids Inheritance and living in Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbill View Post
My relative died early 2019...no 2019 return required.

Should I just update their direct deposit info based on their 2018 return?
Yes.
Old 04-26-2020, 03:39 AM   #549

I put my bank info in on 4/15 and my status changed today to bank deposit on 4/30.
Old 04-26-2020, 05:23 AM   #550
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfirev5 View Post
I put my bank info in on 4/15 and my status changed today to bank deposit on 4/30.
I was a little later getting my info in - 4/20. My daily login to check status finally changed today to also show a 4/30 deposit
Old 04-26-2020, 05:29 AM   #551

I also gave my bank information on 4/15. I checked today and am scheduled to receive my direct deposit on 4/30.

The first rule of compounding: Never interupt it unnecessarily. Charlie Munger
UnrealizedPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 06:03 AM   #552

April 30 here also, but DM. who did not want her info entered now gets the message of unknown status, so I can no longer enter her info for her.
bizlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 07:04 AM   #553
Recycles dryer sheets

Good morning all. Are there any tips or tricks to get logged in on the Get My Payment site? We’ve tried several times and received this message.

Error The information you have entered does not match our records. Please try again.

We file electronically every year through a CPA. Even if the money was being sent to him. We should be able to log on and see it, shouldn’t we?

Thanks
Murf
Murf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 07:11 AM   #554

I was in the group that hasnt received a refund for years, but pays through the IRS payment portal. Because of this, I had to enter my banking info on the new stimulus portal and did so the day it went live. This morning, my date of direct deposit appeared; April 30
erkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 07:23 AM   #555

April 30 for us also. I'd say we'll go on a hot date, but that's pizza and Netflix at home. I'm trying to decide how to account for this in our expenses for the month. Take $2500 off the top since we're not really spending our money. That would put our spending for the month at $1000.

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Rianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 07:54 AM   #556
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf2 View Post
Good morning all. Are there any tips or tricks to get logged in on the Get My Payment site? We’ve tried several times and received this message.

Error The information you have entered does not match our records. Please try again.

We file electronically every year through a CPA. Even if the money was being sent to him. We should be able to log on and see it, shouldn’t we?

Thanks
Murf
Murf, tell us more about your situation. Have you filed for 2019? Did you get a refund? Did you have to pay? If you got refund did you apply it to 2020?
harllee is online now   Reply With Quote
Stimulus direct deposits & checks - This is the thread. Don't start another.
Old 04-26-2020, 08:05 AM   #557
Recycles dryer sheets

Stimulus direct deposits & checks - This is the thread. Don't start another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harllee View Post
Murf, tell us more about your situation. Have you filed for 2019? Did you get a refund? Did you have to pay? If you got refund did you apply it to 2020?

Thanks harllee , our CPA e-filed & the taxes due were withdrawn from our account on April 15th.

I don’t know if we are inputting something wrong or not. We have tried every combination we can think of.

Thanks
Old 04-26-2020, 08:10 AM   #558
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks harllee , our CPA e-filed & the taxes due were withdrawn from our account on April 15th.

I don’t know if we are inputting something wrong or not. We have tried every combination we can think of.

Thanks
Just a wild guess, but are you putting the city, state and zip in the address block? You should NOT. Just put in the street address. When I first tried the site, I got rejected with the same message for just that reason.
Old 04-26-2020, 08:16 AM   #559
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Just a wild guess, but are you putting the city, state and zip in the address block? You should NOT. Just put in the street address. When I first tried the site, I got rejected with the same message for just that reason.

Thanks Gumby. I did that at first. I have been typing in our street address just as it is on our tax form. I have tried SS# with & without dashes. Do you just type in the digits without spaces or dashes. That is how I took it.

I have tried on Chrome & Safari with no difference. I have not tried it from a P.C. Only from my iPhone. That shouldn’t be a problem, should it?

Thanks for the help!
Murf
Old 04-26-2020, 08:24 AM   #560
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks Gumby. I did that at first. I have been typing in our street address just as it is on our tax form. I have tried SS# with & without dashes. Do you just type in the digits without spaces or dashes. That is how I took it.

I have tried on Chrome & Safari with no difference. I have not tried it from a P.C. Only from my iPhone. That shouldn’t be a problem, should it?

Thanks for the help!
Murf
I input my SSN without any dashes or spaces, just the numbers. Although we file MFJ, I only put in mine. I do it from my desktop.

Tags
stimulus payment